Country Living...Island Dreaming

October 24, 2017

Fruits of the Season - Decorating with Apples

On my latest trip to the store, I couldn't resist filling a bag with fresh apples.  After all, autumn is apple season!

Decorating with Red Apples for Fall

I almost always buy organic apples which aren't always the prettiest, so I was happy to find these beauties in the organic section.  Pretty and healthy!  (I think the stray one above is a Pink Lady and the rest are Honeycrisp - my favorites!)

Bowl of Apples for Fall Decorating

And they help add to my fall decor.  Although, they won't last long enough to enjoy them as decorations.

Apples on the windowsill

My younger son and I snack on them almost every day.  Unfortunately, my older son has seasonal allergies which cause him to have oral allergies to a few tree fruits, including apples.  Such a shame because he used to love them!

Over the years, I have used apples to decorate for fall.  Here are a few ideas to get your inspired...(Please click the link below each photo to direct you to the full post).

Fall Table Setting with Apples

Apple Picking and a Simple Recipe

Autumn on the Mantel with Apples

Fall Mantel with Apples and Pumpkins

Fruit Bowl filled with apples

Who says fall decorating has to be all about pumpkins?

What is your favorite apple?
I'd love for you to follow along so you don't miss a post!
PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter/ Bloglovin

Fall Decorating Ideas with Apples

Joining these parties:
Sweet Parrish Place - Totally Terrific TuesdayThe SITS Girls - Recipe and DIY PartySavvy Southern Style - Wow Us WednesdayMy Life Abundant - Wonderful WednesdayDIY by Design - Fall into Fall PartyShabbyfufu - Style ShowcaseA Delightsome Life - Home and Garden ThursdayThe Essence of Home - Share Your StyleMarilyn's Treats - Thursday Favorite ThingsImparting Grace - Grace at Home,French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest FridayRattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday and Everything ElseFrom Gardners to Bergers - The Handmade HangoutTaryn Whiteaker - Inspiration GalleryThe Kim Six Fix - Creativity UnleashedEasy Peasy Pleasy - Funtastic FridayRemodelaholic - Remodelaholics AnonymousPieced Pastimes - Saturday SparksSweet Pea - Best of the WeekendFinding Silver Pennies - Silver Pennies SundayThe Everyday Home - Share it One More TimeDIY Showoff - That DIY PartyLife and Linda - Dishing it and Digging It PartyInspiration for Moms - Inspiration MondayDwellings - Amaze Me MondayIntelligent Domestications - Merry MondayMarilyn's Treats - Over the MoonMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Inspire Me MondayA Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me TuesdayCedar Hill Farmhouse - The ScoopThe Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. You definitely can't go wrong with apples anytime of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Apple Festival here in September, our biggest festival of the year. Our county's economy is heavily dependent on apple farms. I like doing an apple tablescape in the fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have apples in my dining room because I am getting sick of mums. I love to use them because they last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went on a hayride on Sunday but the bees were so crazy that we skipped the apple picking, and I need to go back after seeing your post! They are great for fall decor! Also, your blog looks beautiful Shelley! Love the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I am still tweaking a few details.

      Delete
  5. Love apples, and the varieties make it so easy to decorate with them year round. Love all your images Shelley. Can you son eat them cooked? My daughter has the same reaction to them raw, but can eat them cooked. We were told it alters the chemical makeup that causes the reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. Yes, my son can eat them cooked. He can also have apple juice because it's pasturized.

      Delete
  6. I love decorating with fruits and veggies of the season. My favorite apple right now is Jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful apple displays. I just love the white bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white mixed with the red apples, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love decorating with apples too. Why not decorate with natural elements if we can? I love that white bowl!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I love any kind of fall decorating and apple picking/decorating is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I love this idea. why didn't I think of this before?
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone - the white bowl is Mikasa Italian Countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apples are always so wonderful to decorate with. Our favorite are Honey Crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is just something about a bowl of apples in the Kitchen!! Love it!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall mantel with apples and white pumpkins is perfection! I love apples for fall, especially late August and September. Everyone rushes for pumpkins but apples are just perfect for transitioning. I also love them in Christmas decor. Simply beautiful post. Pinning!
    Amber
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber! They really are perfect for transitioning. I'll have to display some at Christmas too!

      Delete
  16. Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #ThursdayFavoriteThings this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on Wednesday evening and to see your feature and grab your badge! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to return to my blog for your badge. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig