March 30, 2017

Ways I Have Decorated With Tulips In My Home

Tulips...I just can't get enough of them!  I know they don't last long but I just can't stop myself from buying them this time of year!  They are a simple and inexpensive way to update a room for spring...

Tulips for Easter Decor

Since I don't overdecorate for holidays, I love the way these white tulips contribute to the little bits of Easter decor around my house.

White Tulips on Rattan Tray

And I really do mean "little bits" when it comes to Easter decor!  You can see my three little ceramic bunnies up on the mantel in the background.  Yeah, those and the kitchen bunny are almost all I use...simplicity.

White Tulips in the Kitchen

White Tulips in Crystal Vase - Decorating for Spring
Just a simple vase of flowers is all I need to brighten up the kitchen island for spring.  This towel I bought at Homegoods pretty much says it all!

White Tulips on Front Door for Spring

And what better way to welcome guests to our "home sweet home" than with tulips hanging on the front door.  Obviously, these are faux ones but they still provide a warm spring welcome!

Although the white tulips are probably my favorites, I have used more colorful ones on occasion...

Pink Tulips with Navy Table Setting

I have always loved using pink tulips with navy...such a cheerful color combination.

The pink tulips really stand out against my white cabinets too...

Pink Tulips in the Kitchen - Tulips in Decor
I use my crystal vases all the time.  They are probably my most used wedding gifts!

Although, I do fill my white pitchers with flowers almost as often as the crystal vases!  The white pitchers have more of a casual farmhouse look than the crystal.  I usually buy them in Homegoods whenever I see them.  You can never have enough of those!...

Red Tulips and Spring Mantel - Tulip Decorating Ideas

That year, I went bold with the tulips and added some red ones to the mantel...

Red Tulips in White Pitcher

The red ones worked well during the Valentine's to spring transition.  Their vibrant color really brightened up those dreary late winter days!

My foyer is another place I like to put a vase of tulips.  Once again, I bought white ones but those tulips were starting to droop down a bit by the time I took the picture.

White Tulips - Decorating with Tulips in My Home

I just got a tip from someone on Instagram who said to put a penny in the water.  I tried that with my most recent tulip purchase and so far, so good!  I will do anything to keep them fresh longer!  The shape of the vase seems to help too.  The top is wider on this vase than on my other crystal vase so I think they tend to fill out a little faster.

Here is another shot of the other crystal vase,,,

Tulips in the Kitchen for Spring - Tulip Decorating Ideas

As you can see by last year's spring counter setting, my spring decor hasn't changed much!  Either way, I never get tired of tulips in the spring!

What flowers do you like to buy
 in the spring?
I would love for you follow along so you don't miss a post!

Ways to Decorate with Tulips for Spring


Joining these parties:
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
From Gardners to Bergers - The Handmade Hangout
Craftberry Bush - Inspiration Gallery
Two Chicks and a Mom - Funtastic Friday
Pieced Pastimes - Saturday Sparks
Sweet Pea - Best of the Weekend
The SITS Girls - Saturday Sharefest
DIY Showoff - That DIY Party
Finding Silver Pennies - Silver Pennies Sunday
Marilyn's Treats - Over the Moon Party
Little Farmstead - Sundays at Home
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Domestically Speaking - Inspire Me Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cedar Hill Farmhouse - The Scoop
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
My Life Abundant - Wonderful Wednesday
DIY by Design - Swing into Spring
Love My Simple Home - Talk of the Town
The Essence of Home - Share Your Style
Seeking Lavender Lane - The Creative Circle
Chic on a Shoestring - Flaunt it Friday



15 comments:

  1. This looks so fresh for spring! As the years go on, my holiday decor seems to be getting more and more simple. I'm adding tulips to my shopping list! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips are lovely throughout your home! I almost bought some today, but decided not to. I got some faux sedum at my grocery store instead.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, tulips are the perfect spring flower and you can never go wrong with white or pink! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love white tulips. They look great in your pretty house. Have a great weekend, Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tulips! And especially white ones! They just scream "spring" to me.

    Love your kitchen as always Shelly!

    Sheila
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I usually just pick flowers from our property to display inside. It's slim picking right now as I'm still waiting for the daffodils to be in full bloom. My favorite spring favorite is probably lilacs from our bushes. I absolutely love their fragrance, but they don't make it in a vase past a couple of days, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tulips are always a winner in my book. You've used them beautifully around your home. I bring tulips home frequently. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me want to go out and buy a bunch of tulips for my kitchen table. I also love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths are the perfect spring flowers. Your tulips add a fresh breath of spring to your home. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chandeliers above the island though.....<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love tulips and all of the other spring flowers. I miss having them in my yard as I did up north. Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous. Your home is lovely...especially with tulips. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tulips are exquisite! Your home is so inviting. I want to scroll through again. Lots of eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tulips just scream Spring to me! Yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!