September 18, 2016

Fall Mantel with Apples and White Pumpkins

We are finally getting some cooler days so I thought it was time to update my mantel for fall!  After all, this is only the second year we've had this stone fireplace.  I have been eager to play around with it a bit...

White Pumpkins on Fall Mantel

My son and I stopped by a farm stand yesterday and picked up these cute little white pumpkins.  They are always one of my favorites for fall.

Apple Art on Fall Mantel

I dug around in the basement and found this framed fruit print which used to hang in my dining room.  Months ago, I decided that this would be the year to finally repaint my red dining room.  I didn't see any point in re-hanging this art since I plan to go for a different look in there.  Have I repainted the room yet?  Well, no but I really plan to do it soon...I swear...

Fall Mantel with Apples and White Pumpkins

I added a bit of greenery in white pots to pick up the white from the pumpkins and mat on the artwork.

Basket of Apples - Decorating the Mantel for Fall

I had these small fruit baskets from Michael's Craft Store so I decided to fill them with apples to go with the artwork.  I am loving the selection of apples in the stores lately.  They are always so much better when you buy them in season!

White Pumpkins - Part of my latest fall mantel decor

Apples and pumpkins...sure they go together.  Why not?!!

Stone Fireplace Decorated for Fall

I already had some red in the family room so the apple theme fit right in.

Rustic Mantel Decorated for Fall with Apples and Pumpkins

I might change things around in October but I think this works fine for September...kind of an early harvest type of look.

Apples and Pumpkins on Mantel - Stone Fireplace Decorated for Fall

Before long we will be building some roaring fires in here.  I am sure my boys can't wait!

White Pumpkins for Fall - the latest mantel decor

But for now, we'll just enjoy the cute white pumpkins...

Rustic Stone Fireplace Decorated for Autumn using apples and white pumpkins

Like I said, this is our second year with this stone fireplace.  If you would like to see last year's fall fireplace click here - October 1st Mantel.  I also decorated our old mantel many times over the years.  You can see some of those posts here - Four Mantels for Fall.

Have you decorated your mantel for fall?

Enjoy your day!

Linking to:
Inspiration for Moms - Inspiration Monday
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
My Pinterventures - Merry Monday
Creatively Living - Monday Funday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cedar Hill Farmhouse - The Scoop
A Stroll thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Inspire Me Monday
Homestories - Tutorials and Tips Party
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
A Savory Feast - the Wednesday Showcase
DIY by Design - Fall into Fall Party
My LIfe Abundant - Wonderful Wednesday
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies - Brag About it
A Delightsome Life - Home and Garden Thursday
The Essence of Home - Share Your Style Party
Poofing the Pillows - Thoughts of Home Thursday
Domestic Charm - Creative Circle Party
Craftberry Bush - Inspiration Gallery
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Chic on a Shoestring - Flaunt it Friday
Pieced Pastimes - Saturday Sparks
Sweet Pea - Best of the Weekend
The Sits Girls - The Saturday Sharefest
The Everyday Home - Share it One More Time
Finding Silver Pennies - Sunday Link Party
DIY Showoff - That DIY Party
Imparting Grace - Grace at Home
From Gardners 2 Bergers - The Handmade Hangout




18 comments:

  1. Love your mantel! Looks like a page from a magazine!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of the apples and pumpkins. I think it's perfect for September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Shelley. I love to decorate with apples in the fall, too. I have not bought the first pumpkin yet. I will when it feels like fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley, lovely mantel with apples and white pumpkins! Can't wait for cooler temps! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it. I had a question regarding your fireplace stone/brick, Do you know what the name of it by chance? Thank you. Tammy (taringeisen@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! The stone is Boral - Country Ledgestone in the color, Hudson Bay. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. Love your Fall mantle! White pumpkins are my favorite, and I love how you incorporated apples into the mix, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the apples and pumpkins Shelley! love that your mantel is not Fall-Crazy, just right and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful! Those little "apple baskets" are perfect for your display and the apple print is a terrific backdrop. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had plans to do some painting around the house for "awhile" now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty fireplace! Love the apple pic!Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on Twitter! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great, Shelley, and all Fallish! I really like the apple print with the baskets of apples.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley, Your fireplace is beautiful! Love the apples and pumpkins together. I'm embarrassed to say I still have my patriotic decor on my mantel, but I'm with your boys, I can't wait to light the fireplace! Hope you have a great week. Pinned :)
    `Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantel looks beautiful! I love the apple print, and the apples, white pumpkins, and greenery look so pretty together. I hope that you have a wonderful and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel looks beautiful! I love the apple print, and the apples, white pumpkins, and greenery look so pretty together. I hope that you have a wonderful and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the mantle looks so simple but charming ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Simple but very fallsie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the simplicity of your mantel. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!