Country Living...Island Dreaming

April 20, 2016

A Helpful Tip for Bloggers on Facebook

Why is Facebook always changing things?

Helpful Tip for Bloggers on Facebook


Here is a tip that you might find useful...

First of all, this applies to those of you who have a personal Facebook account with your blog Facebook page linked up as one of "Your Pages".


If you are set up this way, you are familiar with how you can switch back and forth from personal Facebook page to blog Facebook page.

Using this Crate and Barrel Facebook page as an example, I want to show you how LIKING another Facebook page has changed...


It used to be easy to LIKE another Facebook page just by clicking on "Posting as - blog name".  You would then click LIKE and be done.

You might have noticed when you do this now, only your personal page LIKES the page but your blog page does not.

I noticed this because while scrolling through my personal Facebook feed, I started seeing all these new blogs that I LIKED recently through my blog Facebook account.  Since I like to keep my blog separate from my personal Facebook, I knew I had to fix this.

What you need to do now is go to the page you want to like...


Then click on those three dots shown above (next to the Message tab).  UPDATE - Now click under "MORE".  The menu above will show up.  Click on "Like As Your Page" and you are done!

Now this new LIKE will show up in your blog page feed instead of your personal page feed!

Here is a link to my Calypso in the Country Facebook Page if you want to follow me and try it out for yourself!

Did you find my little tip helpful or is this old news?


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Thanks this is really helpful. I appreciate the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook, oh FB. The changes they and other SM keep changing seems to be driving everyone crazy. lol I also had a bit of adjustment with their last change. It's great to see the tips from you, it helps keep me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information.....I really need some help when it comes to my blog FB page. I just linked up to your vacation post. How fun seeing vacation posts from everybody! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love having smart friends! Thanks, Shelley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thanks for the tip. I hadn't even noticed the change. I wish they would leave things alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you posted this! I immediately went and fixed it and it was so helpful!!

    Sheila
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing. I had thought about this a few times, but never sat down to actually figure it out. Thanks for doing the research for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelley I found this very helpful indeed. I am always getting confused over this stuff. I think Facebook changes it around just to confuse me. Thanks for sharing this at Sweet Inspiration and I'll also be sharing and pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig