Country Living...Island Dreaming

February 29, 2016

How to Not Commit to Patterned Tiles

We are seeing these gorgeous patterned tiles everywhere and I just can't get enough!  I would love to re-tile a bathroom with a beautiful patterned floor but I tend to be a bit conservative.  The patterns might be too much of a commitment for me!  Actually, let me reword that...The patterned tiles might be are too much of a commitment for my husband...I doubt he would ever agree to these.

But it's fun to dream...

Walker Zanger Tile

I love the above blue and white SO much but I think in a bathroom, I would go for black and white...

House Beautiful

Don't you just think this bathroom is beyond gorgeous?!!  I would spend my entire day in there.  Slightly out of my comfort zone but honestly, there is nothing I don't love and that tile is just incredible.  Too bad my husband would have a heart attack if he walked into our bathroom and it looked like this.  Totally not his style but I just can't take my eyes off it!

But being more realistic, if we ever remodel our master bathroom, I could possibly convince my husband to go with a basket weave tile.  These are definitely more on the conservative side and would be perfect for the floor...

Walker Zanger Tile

Walker Zanger Tile

Seriously, how could he ever say no to a bathroom like this?...(I'll take that tub too!)...

Even though my husband might not be on board with another renovation, (especially one that involved a huge patterned tile commitment), I would still love to add some pattern somewhere...

Luckily, in my many hours of online shopping, I have come across some beautiful patterned tile looks in more temporary items...

Barrington Gifts


One way I could get some pattern in my life and not frighten my husband is to buy a cute bag like this.  

But since it might be fun to frighten him just a little, I could go with something for the house...
West Elm Rug
West Elm

I have actually been eyeing up this West Elm rugs for awhile and just saw this one in person the other day.  I am still thinking..

Speaking of rugs...
Pottery Barn Scroll Rug

Pottery Barn

I have been in love with this Pottery Barn rug since the day it came out.  But my usual hesitation will cause me to wait too long to buy it.  Then they will discontinue it and I will regret taking so long.  

But if you also share my commitment problem, throw pillows are a good way to go...

Target pillow


As if we ever have enough of these and you can't beat the price either!


When things are on sale, I get a little more daring!  I actually took a chance and ordered this on sale rug online from Ballard the other day...

Ballard Designs Indoor Outdoor Rug
Ballard Designs

I bought it in a runner size in black.  I plan to put it in my back hallway leading from the kitchen to the back door.  
White Kitchen and Hallway - Calypso in the Country blog

I really need a rug that can handle high traffic in that spot back there and I thought it was a great place to add a fun bit of the tile look!  I hope my husband can handle it!  I will let you know how that turns out...

I know I mentioned a lot of different products here but I just wanted to let you know that I am not being compensated in any way to mention them.  I usually don't even post many pictures that aren't mine so I am way out of my comfort zone.  I guess I'm really living on the edge today...

So what are your thoughts on patterned tiles? 

Have you committed to tiling any rooms
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I am like you, a little more on the conservative side and my hubby definitely wouldn't go for too much daring pattern. I think he could handle a runner, so I think yours will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pretty tiles out there too, but I would definitely go the more classic route for longevity. Your runner is so cute and not a huge commitment either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too absolutely love the patterned tiles. However I know I would grow tired of them in a year and two and given that they are fairly costly I think I will just stick with basic white. I do love the images you shared though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all this new patterned tile I'm seeing. Great rugs and if you want that rug buy it and if it isn't right take it back. I just ordered a rug and a chair. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those tiles, but the basket weave to me is a classic and you can't go wrong. Timeless! I would do it in a second. And I love the rug you ordered. Can't wait to see it in your house!

    Sheila
    www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE patterned tiles. We need to do the master bath over and I would love to use patterned tiles. That tote is to die for. May have to go over and order it. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am swooning over that black and white bathroom, but too bold for the hubby! Maybe I can find somewhere else to use those beautiful tiles.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig