Country Living...Island Dreaming

January 30, 2016

A Few Winter Touches

The snowstorm last week made me realize we still have a couple months left of winter around here.  I think I was in denial right after Christmas when I decorated my mantel.  The weather had been so mild that I pretty much skipped right over winter and jumped into vacation mode.  But then it snowed.  It really snowed.  Suddenly, I felt the need to embrace the cold weather, at least for a little while longer.  It helped to pull out a few things to decorate for the season.

Decorating with Pine Cones

Pine cones still work for this time of year.  It's easy to just throw a bunch into a basket and be done...instant winter decor!

Snowy views
I took this photo the morning after the snowstorm.  The sun shining on the beautiful fresh snow outside somehow added to the coziness inside.

Winter candle decor

I swapped out the old decaying cranberries I had in these candle holders at Christmas time for some river stones.  This could work for fall or winter.

Decorating with Branches

In the guest bathroom, I filled this basket/vase with some white wintery branches.  I like the way they look against the sage green walls.

Chalkboard Quote Art

Excuse the glare on this one.  Each season I replace the artwork in that bathroom with a quote or free printout.  I found this free printable winter chalkboard art from The Happy Housie.  The John Steinbeck quote is appropriate for this time of year.

Sometimes I want to rush through this time of year and get to the warmer weather.  But then I see my kids skiing, sledding and enjoying the snow and I am reminded to enjoy each moment of every season.

How are you embracing this time of year?

Winter Decorating - Calypso in the Country Blog

Linking to:
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love that picture looking outside. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had a couple of 60 degree days, and back to rain tomorrow. The house suddenly turned cold tonight. That is a great quote for winter and a nice touch in the white frame. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love having pinecones thrown here and there during the Winter months! xo k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree! I'm more a Summer than a Winter person but each season has its own charm that we must savour! :-) Happy February!
    Xo
    Claire

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig