Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 1, 2015

The Floors are Finished!

You might remember, how I had such a difficult time choosing a floor stain...

Well, we ended up choosing Minwax Provincial and couldn't be happier!


 As you can see, the color picks up the dark tones from the island.


And although I originally thought a lighter color would be better for us, (with all that golden retriever fur), I absolutely LOVE this color!  So what if I have to vacuum constantly!


Here is a view into the family room.  As you can see, the walls have been repainted too.  We chose Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan and are thrilled with that as well!

One thing we are not so thrilled with is the smell!  Ugh!  I knew the stain and poly smell would be bad but it is really horrible!  My husband has been toughing it out and staying in the house while the kids and I are at the beach with family.  I honestly don't know how he can handle it!  I literally had a headache yesterday from being in there for like 10 minutes!

Even with the lung scorching fumes, I am SO glad we decided to go with the finished-on-site route for the hardwood.  The floors came out beautiful and if I am ever able to breathe in my house again, I will be so happy to have them throughout the downstairs rooms!

Have you ever suffered through polyurethane fumes in your home? 

Linking to:








SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oh the floors are stunning. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And the kitchen is looking fabulous already! Hope you have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors are stunning, the smell can be overwhelming. Progress is sure being made,. Hope you have a great 4th. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you chose Provincial it really helps to cancel out the red in Red oak floors! Looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The floors are just beautiful, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floors look beautiful. Your kitchen is looking fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color choice on the floors, it's timeless. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color the floors look beautiful...and I love your stone fireplace too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the floors!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig