Country Living...Island Dreaming

February 28, 2015

Inspiration and Shopping

Don't you just love this living room?


Not only is the room classic and inviting but it has given me inspiration for colors and textures for my family room.  If you have read some of my recent posts, you know that we are in the process of renovating our kitchen,  Our orange-tinged oak cabinets will be replaced with white painted ones.


My kitchen is open to the family room so I have been trying to envision how the new white cabinets will look with the warm colors of my family room.  Since we are also replacing the floors with hardwood, I am feeling more confident that I can achieve a similar look to the inspiration photo.

We all know how one project seems to snowball into another so of course, now I think I want some spindle chairs...


I discovered a few stores which carry them.  Here are a few options:






So what do you think of spindle chairs?

Even if you are not in the market for these chairs,
at least do yourself a favor and check out
the architect's website where I found the inspiration photos:
You might recognize his name because he designed the
HGTV Dream Home 2015!

Speaking of the Dream Home, I wonder when they will be calling me to say that I won?...

What are you working on these days?



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh I love that living room too, but I also love your space, so nice and open and big. Can't wait to see it all done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you getting to redo your kitchen. That is a very pretty living room. Oh, the fun of it all.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spindle chairs...their one of my favorites....I believe P.B. sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá
    sua casa é linda, e amei as poltronas.
    Tenha uma ótimo dia.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig