Country Living...Island Dreaming

October 25, 2014

Lonely Desk and Halloween

So, I spent all day Friday without my computer...

My kids had been using it the night before for school work and someone accidentally upgraded Windows from 8 to 8.1 - which I did not want.  I had heard of problems with 8.1 so I panicked and tried to fix things myself.  Bad decision.

Needless to say, I had to get a professional involved to clean up my mess.  I brought the computer to Staples and they were wonderful getting things cleaned up, downloading a better virus protection making my computer run so much faster!

Now everyone is happy again in Calypso-land!

Especially my little one
who got to attend an awesome Halloween event at school.
I was volunteering so I had to be somewhat dressed up.

I toned it down a bit from previous years...
Actually this picture wasn't even from a Halloween event!
I dress this way all the time...
No, this was from a theme party that I co-chair every year
but it would be a great Halloween costume!
Click HERE for details on this totally awesome ensemble!

And speaking of Halloween costumes,
I pulled this one out the archives...
Yeah, I thought you might need a good laugh today!

Here I am dressed for a Halloween party many years ago.  My friend was dressed the same but since I didn't get her approval, I left her out of the picture!

Anyway, I hope you had a nice week!

Any plans to dress up for Halloween?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Glad to hear that you got your computer problems fixed. I've had issues with mine before that make me go into full panic mode! Luckily we've been able to fix them ourselves though. You look so cute in your Halloween costumes. I bet y'all had fun at your son's school too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That would totally freak me out. Half my life resides on my computer! Found you on Pieced Pastimes link up! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got everything fixed. I hate it when that happens! Love the costumes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your too cute Shelley! I toned down this year too, hard to find a mom and wee baby costume so me and baby were just plain ol' giraffes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig