Country Living...Island Dreaming

September 13, 2014

Hall Closet Clean Up

My back hall closet was getting a bit out of control...

The hats, scarves and gloves 
were overwhelming the little baskets on the shelf.
I also wasn't properly utilizing the hanging shoe rack on the right.

 The coats were looking sloppy....
and this picture was taken after I already got rid of a few!

 
And the floor had become a dumping ground for anything and everything!

But after only a few simple updates, 
I was able to make the closet a little more organized!
 I bought some bins from Walmart
 to hold the loose scarves, hats and gloves.

Since I needed more floor space...
 I bought a bamboo shoe rack to help organize the shoes and boots.
(Most of our everyday shoes are kept on the shelf in the laundry room.)

Cheap and easy to assemble!

 I cleared out the coats we were no longer using, re-hung some that were hanging on hooks in my laundry room and made sure I used all wood hangers for a cohesive look.  I decided to use the hanging shoe rack on the right to hold additional gloves and cold weather gear, since we have so much of that!

 So with a few quick changes, the closet was a whole lot neater!

I was so motivated, 
that I decided to buy a shelf for the garage.  
(And put it together myself, I might add!)
It looks like some of the closet overflow will make its way out here!

I guess the change of seasons
makes me want to get things in order around my house!

Have you been doing any organizing in your home lately?

Linking to:



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This looks fabulous. I just need more storage here, My closets are all so small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organization Shelley! I'm slowly filling up our mudroom again with all the coats. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay when can you come over.. lol! I was ripping apart closets and my college daughters rooms.. not fun I hope they looks half as organized as yours when they are done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How refreshing! Im doing the same thing tonight..getting into drawers and closets and purging...feels so good! Have a great week. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig