Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 19, 2014

A Few Random Things

Well this week blew by!  
Where is this summer going?

Here are a few random things happening around here...

I picked up a couple pairs of summery pajama bottoms at TJ Maxx for $9.99 a piece.  Exciting huh?
Cute prints and easy to mix and match with solid t-shirts.
I can't be seen in old ugly pajamas at the beach house!

Speaking of ugly...
I backed out of the driveway Thursday and slammed the driver's side mirror into the side of the garage.  The mirror broke off and since the plastic pieces attaching it inside snapped off, I needed a full replacement of the whole part.
I just had to drive around for one day with this rubber brand bracelet wrapped around the mirror to hold it together.  Luckily the car dealer was able to order the new part quickly and they installed it yesterday morning. Yeah, I could think of plenty of other things to spend $400.00 on!

Speaking of spending money, I bought a new Ballard Designs lampshade for my 10 year old's room.
But he wanted to keep his white one instead,
so I tried the new one in the 8 year old's room...

It could work in his room once I move some things around a bit.
I just don't want to ship it back.  
I love the stripes... and I hate returning things!

I also did some more shopping this week at Homegoods.  I bought a few housewarming gifts for my friend hosting a girls night at her house.

The blue and white striped wrapping paper is so "me"!  I think I am going back for more.  I also love the pattern of these napkins and towels.  Shhh...I kept the napkins for myself!

We ended up having a lovely girls get together with tons of appetizers and sangria!  Her husband even made an appearance and grilled us some amazing shrimp and eggplant on the grill.  Yum!

And the sangria was delicious!  I have to get her recipe!
I also think I need to buy a cute drink dispenser!
(But I think I spent enough money this week!)

And on a non-shopping note...

Those of you with sons will want to see this!  - I stumbled upon a preview for the new movie, Boyhood and I really want to see it!  It's a story following the life of a boy and was filmed over a 12 year period using the same actors!  The idea is just brilliant and since Richard Linklater and Ethan Hawke are behind it, I know I will adore this movie.  If you are fans of the Before Sunrise films, you will understand why I feel this way... Listen to the cast and director discussing the film - Hollywood Reporter - Richard Linklater Reveals Why 'Boyhood' Took 12 Years to Film.  Do you think it is something you will go see?

What's new with you this week?

Linking to:


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love the striped lampshade. And I just saw the trailer for Boyhood this morning and I too thought I have to see it. The pajama bottoms are adorable :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me hours of enjoyment! Your blogs are interesting, beautiful and exciting.
    interior-decoration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live in Home Goods and T.J. Maxx -- really. My husband just doesn't understand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kinda week. Love those PJs, btw. Hmmm… Now I'm in the mood for some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week except for the mirror incident. Cheers to shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig