Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 11, 2014

A Simple Blogging Tip

First of all,
I am embarrassed to admit it took me so long to figure this out!

But here goes:

First, I need you to think about this question:

When you receive a comment on your blog, do you also receive an email with that comment?

If that answer is "Yes", you can stop reading this post now!  You know what you are doing and you already know how to respond the "easy way."  Thanks for stopping by!  

If your answer is "No", continue reading for an easier way to respond to blog comments...(along with a bonus tip for all you "No Reply" bloggers out there!)

For years, I would go into my "comment" section, read the comment, click over to the person's email and then go into my email screen to send them a response or I just clicked over to their blog from the comment screen and commented on one of their recent posts.

Do you know how much time that wasted?!!

Do you ever notice how when some bloggers email you back, your original comment is embedded in their email?  Their email response back to you will say something like:

"On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Calypso in the Country wrote:
Calypso in the Country has left a new comment on your post....

Shelley, you are awesome!  

(LOL - well, you get the idea!)

I used to wonder how people did this.  

Well, with a simple change, I made my whole life easier...

Here is what you can do if you also want to respond more efficiently:

Click on the Blogger Dashboard
Settings
Mobile and Email
Comment Notification - make sure your email shows in the box!

Now you can respond directly from your email page!  What a time saver - right?  This can also be super helpful when you are in line at the grocery store and want to respond to a few comments while you are waiting!

Of course, this tip won't work if the person who commented is a "no reply blogger"...ugh.

So here is a bonus tip...

If by some chance you areNo-Reply Blogger, you can make life easier for bloggers responding to your comments.

Maybe you don't mind if you don't get an email back but when I leave a comment somewhere I think it's always nice to be acknowledged.

All you have to do is add your email to your profile...

Please note, these directions are for those of you who use Blogger.  Everyone else is on your own!  I am no computer expert!

Click into your Dashboard.

Edit Profile

Under "Privacy" where it says, "Show my email address" - CHECK THE BOX!
Under "Identity", make sure your email is shown.
Hit Save and you are done!

See how easy that was!  And I am sure you will be so happy when you start getting responses from all those lovely comments you have left on blogs!


Did you find these tips helpful?

Or maybe you already knew this...
which means I am not really making your life easier.
In fact, I just made your life harder
because you wasted the last few minutes reading this post!
Oh well, enjoy your day anyway!

Linking to:
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I had this problem before too and luckily fixed it earlier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, if everyone would just make sure they are not a no reply comment blogger. Some folks don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The no reply comment bloggers make me feel bad because I can't reply to them except as a comment on my blog page. Personally, I don't like receiving replies to comments/questions in the blog because who has time to go back to someone's blog to see if they replied to a comment you posted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful that Nana Diana taught me this trick a couple years ago. No reply bloggers are so hard to navigate. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did know but it's good that you mentioned the no -reply thing. I hate it when i want to respond to someone but there is no way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips. I didn't know this trick either but I just went to my settings and made the adjustment. I always wondered how people responded showing my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this post!! I'm one of those 'no reply bloggers' and couldn't figure out how to fix it. Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did figure this out some time ago, but quirky little things happen in the "blog world" and it's always good to go back and check periodically to make sure it is still set the way you want it. Oh, those No Reply Bloggers are just so annoying. I have mentioned this to some bloggers and they truly did not know that's how they had it set up, but others just don't seem to want to change it......ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I did try this and I hope it works for me! I appreciate you sharing this with us!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welllll...it took me a bit but I found it. Ha! I'm trying to learn something new each week to make my blogger easier and better. You made that one easy! ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. No reply comments make two-way communication very difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Took me quite some time to figure this one out also. I was a no reply blogger and didn't even know it. lol! Sure does make life easier! Thanks for sharing this tip with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not know this for months and then one fine blogger replied to let me know that I was listed as 'no-reply blogger'. I googled to find a solution and I have to admit, life is a lot better.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent blogging advice-I've shared this on Pinterest.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Say G'day Saturday linky party. Hope you can join us again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    PS I love your office!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig