March 31, 2014

Trial and Error - Lamp Shopping

The other day when I was in Target...
(How many times have I started a sentence with that?)

I picked up a new lamp for my office.
After all, can one possibly leave Target
without buying something?

Anyway, I thought I wanted a gourd lamp for my office to replace the kind of boring black one I have on my shelf.
Current black lamp.

So, I purchased the large double gourd lamp base from the Threshold collection.  I didn't see a medium one (as mentioned on the website) or maybe I would have gone with that.  Anyway, after setting the lamp on my shelf, it felt a little large for me.

Maybe if I actually got around to hanging the photo,
the scale of the lamp wouldn't feel so off.

I don't know, it just felt too big for the shelf.
But I like the look - and the price!

 But you walk in the room and all you think is...
"lamp!"

So I returned the gourd lamp for now while I ponder what to place in that spot.

I hate when I have to return things!

Do you find yourself "auditioning" lamps
or are you successful on the first try?

13 comments:

  1. The Gourd lamp was pretty, but you were right Shelley, it was a bit too big for that, you'll find the right lamp for there I'm sure, just you wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I usually "make it work" if I find something I really like, Shelley. I love the gourd lamp and they are so "in vogue" these days. If I were you I would have found another candle holder that was taller. LOL!!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Shelley. I do think it is impossible to leave Target without buying something and I also loathe returning things. I really liked the style of the gourd lamp and I think it could have worked if balanced with something larger on the other side of the shelf. Now you get to keep shopping for a new one, which is really the best part. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your current lamp looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny - I went to Target today to buy two of those lamps in black (I had seen it online) but my Target only had medium sized ones and I wanted large. If we lived closer we could have just done a little switcheroo! Good luck finding the one that feels perfect for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a pretty lamp, I can see why it temped you, Shelley! I can't tell you how much of my time I spend returning things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of times I've returned lamps. I have a thing for lamps!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad it was not just a little bit smaller! It is a great lamp.

    Kelly from www.lifeonbirchst.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you had large art work to balance it , it would actually look really cool large!!I love large lamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm it looks like it could go on the desk or on the other side to ground the lamp on the other side of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you considered painting the base of your current lamp -- maybe a pop of color that could add a bit of dramatic fun to your color scheme? You probably should hang the art before you make any major decisions......lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this same problem! As a matter of fact, I just saw a lamp at Target last week that had me wanting to swipe it off the shelves right then and there! Your lamp looks beautiful in your space :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me happy to see I'm not the only one who decorates through trial & error!

    Thank you so much for joining in with the Say G'Day Saturday linky party! I've just shared this on Google+ and Pinterest.

    Hope to see you again this Saturday!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!