Country Living...Island Dreaming

February 24, 2014

Spring Flowers, Shopping and Wine...

Last Thursday, I hosted a party for my sister who just started selling Arbonne.  (By the way, that is just a link to the main sight.  I am not trying to advertise for her or anything.  I am just giving you something to refer to if you are not familiar with the company.)

As I mentioned on Friday, I decorated my mantel with some tulips as you can see HERE.  I then went tulip-crazy and bought some for the foyer table and put some in the living room.  I think fresh flowers make a home so welcoming!  And you can't beat the price for grocery store tulips!

Anyway, the party just happened to be on a night my husband was traveling so I had to hire a babysitter, (my niece)  to watch the kids and my dog in the basement playroom while my guests congregated upstairs.  We had a good turnout and enjoyed some wine and appetizers until much later than we should have on a school night.  Needless to say, we were sprinting to the bus stop the next morning as the bus waited for us on the corner! 

Is this story going anywhere?...Oh yeah, so I wanted to recommend a very inexpensive red wine that we tried.  I had several people ask for the name and I thought I would pass it on to you. 
This is Liberty School Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2010.
I am always thrilled to find something good for under $15.00!

And since it had been awhile since I had a crowd over for wine, I thought I would buy some pretty wine charms so we could keep track of our glasses!
I bought these at Pier One.  Cute huh?
I figured I saved money on the wine and tulips...why not do a little shopping!

Overall the party was a success!  My sister was happy with the turnout (and her commission), I got to chat with some friends, everyone enjoyed some wine and my kids got to stay up late on a school night.  And to top it off, my husband was thrilled he didn't have to be here for any of it!  A win-win for everyone!

Have you done any entertaining lately?

Linking to:
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. How fun - girlfriend get togethers are the best! Thanks for the wine recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea with the wine glass charms... will have to try out this wine!
    Thanks for sharing. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun Shelley! The wine charms are perfect for that kind of laid back party indeed! Tulips are some of my fave flowers since the very 2nd flowers I ever got from my husband were potted tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day!! I love adding charms to my wine glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wine charms (oh, and wine!). Your Pier One beauties are fantastic. What a fun party and best wishes for your sister's success. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun! Sometimes it's good to play on a school night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wine recommendation. Always appreciate those :) Glad your sister did well. Sounds like a great night for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun!! I absolutely love tulips!! Just posted today about throwing my sister a baby shower!! I love entertaining...and also love when it's done and I can put my feet up w/a glass of wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of Arbonne before. Your tulips are very pretty. I like the wine charms you bought for the party. Those are such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love white tulips so perfect for your party!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tulips are awesome...and I like your wine charms.
    Here from Jann's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christian counseling Northgate

    We treat individuals, couples and families. Our professional counselors educate life skills such as communication, anger management, problem-solving, relationships with counseling services and more information then visit: http://agapehelp.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fence Contractors Seattle
    Fence Company South Seattle

    Custom Built Fences - custombuiltfencecompany.com

    Contact Us:>

    Call : (206) 459-1182
    Website: http://custombuiltfencecompany.com
    Leonard Bautista
    Owner/Operator
    Reg # CUSTOBF894RM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent article. The blog is useful and more informatics. I think all searchers like this kind of article. Thanks for blog admin who write these useful article. If anyone want to search more Please visit this site, Christian counseling Northgate

    ReplyDelete

  15. Nice online shopping blog thank you for sharing this important info about online shopping
    Groobers

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig