Country Living...Island Dreaming

October 8, 2013

Simple Black and Orange Mantel

Oh the pressure to come up with something interesting
for the fall mantel!


Ever since I switched out my rectangle mirror for a round one,
I have had trouble being creative with my mantel.  

For this year's fall mantel
I stuck with a simple, symmetrical arrangement.
I just used things I had in my fall storage bin.

Added in my old-standby black candlesticks...

And white pumpkins to even out the white.
(I only had two orange candles so I mixed in white ones.)

I found this little felt witches hat in one of my bins.
I thought it added a silly touch to the jack-o'-lantern.

And there you have my 2013 fall mantel!

If you would like to see what I have done in previous years,
check out my recap post HERE.

Have you decorated your mantel for fall or Halloween yet?

Linking to:
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm - Niifty Thrifty Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesdays Treasures
Not Just a Housewife - Show Me What Ya Got
Cedar Hill Ranch - The Scoop
DIY by Design - Fall into Fall Party
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
No Minimalist Here - Open House Blog Party
Home Decor by Eva - Marvelous Monday Linky Party (NEW!!)
Common Ground- Be Inspired Halloween
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Craftberry Bush - The Inspiration Gallery
Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
Jennifer Rizzo - Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party
Liz Marie - Inspire Me Please
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
A Stylish Interior - Stylish Friday Finds
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Under the Table and Dreaming - Sunday Showcase Party
So Much Better With Age - Give Me the Goods Monday
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love it Shelley. I am almost done my mantle, working on my porch now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't done ANY of it -- although I did get the 3 bins out of the cellar on Sunday. Baby steps. Love your mantle -- the bittersweet vine ties it all together nicely.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved your Autumn mantels...this is no exception! Today it actually feels Fall-ish for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, so perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet mantel. Love the pumpkin's witch hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, how you say you have trouble decorating your mantel since you switched to that lovely round mirror - because your linky pic showing it, is what drew me here! I recently switched out my black round mirror to something different but now am thinking of going back! I think you've done an excellent job featuring that jack-o-lantern and accessorizing with the candlesticks - plays off the black in your mirror perfectly!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come visit us at http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/10/craft-frenzy-friday-8.html
    We are having a party and it won't be the same without your creativity!
    Craft Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're name is Shelley, too? :) And you spell it the 'right way' - hahaha...
    Love you mantel - Simple and Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! It's the little details that make such a big difference! And I love your pretty candles! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know that your mantel is featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop! Hugs...Debbie
    http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/10/20-fun-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice and simple mantel! sometimes there's no need to get all fluffed up ;-D I have the same black candleholders, too! very versatile. I use mine year round. and I love black furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very nice, simply perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig