September 18, 2013

Halloween Costume for Adults

Looking for an adult Halloween costume that isn't too "adult"?  (You know what I mean). Yeah, you've seen some of those inappropriate costumes in the party stores...

How about dressing in an outfit from your favorite decade?

Guess which decade I liked best...

DIY 80's Halloween Costume - Why buy one in a store when it's so much fun to make your own?!!

This awesome look can be achieved easily with a trip to Mandee for the clothes, a dance shop for leg warmers, Five Below for the sunglasses and a stop at Walmart for the cheap jewelry.

Actually, I wore this rad ensemble last year for a school party.  Each year I co-chair an annual event at my kids' school and that year we went with the 80's theme!  I think the adults enjoyed it more than the children but it was really like totally fun for everyone!

(Right now I am a bit delirious planning this year's event or else I don't know if I would ever share such a silly picture with the world!)

In addition to the totally tubular attire, we also made some "centerpieces" for the tables.  We had like totally no budget to buy things so we had to be creative.
DIY Rubik's Cube decorations
A dollar store donated square boxes and we painted them black.  Then we cut out different colored paper squares and glued them to the outside.  Who didn't own a Rubik's Cube in the 80's?  I could never figure out how to solve it though.  I was always fascinated by those geniuses who could twist it around a few times and be done.  I think it was actually some kind of optical allusion or magic trick because I could play with that thing for hours and never get those colors aligned.    I was like so bummed that I couldn't get it!  Just not my thing I guess...

Anyway, our budget did allow for a DJ and he had those kids rocking to some gnarly tunes and even taught them the Electric Slide.  But it was the parents that enjoyed it to the max!

Anyway, I hope I gave you a fun idea for a Halloween costume (or even a party).  You don't want one of those icky store bought costumes anyway.  I mean, really - gag me with a spoon!  Fer sure!

Do you dress up for Halloween?
Could you ever solve the Rubik's Cube?

(To my co-chair who might be reading this...aren't you glad I cut you out of the picture?!  I am sure you would kill me!)

Back to working on this year's party....

Linking to:


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...you look adorable! And those rubiks cubes are a great party accessory.

    This weather we've been having has been getting me in the October mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! Love the costume! I've never been one for dressing up but sure do love it when my "grown" children or my sweet granddaughter, Layton does! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why they chose you to chair this event; your ideas are great! You look about sixteen years old in your adorable eighties costume, btw; very authentic. (I'm old enough to know that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for any awesome, scary, funny or weird Halloween Costumes and just in time, I found your blog which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!