Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 19, 2013

Friday Food Focus

Happy Friday everyone!

This week in my ongoing attempt to go 
GMO free - A to Z
I will tell you about a brand that begins
with the letter "G".

Garden of Eatin makes organic taco shells...
and because corn is one of the most genetically modified foods
you can bet that these are the only taco shells I will purchase now!

And they taste just like other taco shells
so it's not like you will be missing out on anything...
well except the GMOs
and you don't want them!

I haven't tried any other Garden of Eatin products yet
but according to their website
they also carry a line of snacks and chips.

If you want to follow along with my GMO-free journey
click below for past weeks.

A  B C D E F

I want to send a thank you to Laurel from
The North End Loft
for promoting my Friday Food Focus.
She has gone organic too
and has been so supportive.
Go check out her lovely blog and say hello!


I hope you are staying cool where you live.
We are in the middle of a heatwave in the Northeast.
As you can see,
Rosie has managed to stay cool
by jumping in the sprinklers!

Enjoy your weekend!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Gosh....I love a cute doggie face! God luck on your new food choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email me if you are having problems leaving comments on this post. Apparently there is some kind of issue. Thanks to Robyn for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out, Shelley! And thanks for all you're doing here at Calypso In The Country to make the world of food a healthier place. I LOVE the name Garden of Eatin'! So cute! Since I've gone GMO-free I honestly didn't think I'd ever be able to eat corn tortilla chips and hard shell corn taco shells again until I saw this post just now. Yippee! I love that I don't have to read all the labels at the store to find products I can safely eat. You do it for me! (I'm so lazy...) Thanks, Shelley. You're the BEST! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig