June 18, 2013

Seaside on the Bachelorette

As you may know, I am a huge fan
of the Bachelor/Bacholorette shows.

I don't know why because normally I am not into that kind of reality TV but I continue to watch the show every season!  When the show takes its cast on trips to exotic locations, I love posting pictures of the resorts for you to drool over with me!

In last night's episode, the Bachelorette, Des and her group of hopefuls traveled to Atlantic City, New Jersey.  On one of her dates, they took a helicopter tour along the Hurricane Sandy devastated shoreline focusing on the town and boardwalk of Seaside Heights.  They even visited a sweet couple whose home was destroyed in the storm.  Now, I know this episode was taped a couple months ago - March I believe, so obviously the shoreline doesn't look as wiped out now, but seeing it all again just took my breath away.  These are the beaches I grew up on. These are the beaches we still take our family to during the summer.  And that boardwalk!  Seeing it from the air gives it a whole new perspective.  At that time the ferris wheel hadn't been pulled down yet and the famous roller coaster was still in the ocean so things are progressing.

Just last month, I took these pictures along the
Seaside Heights boardwalk.
As you can see, they still have a lot of work to do!

This is looking out to where the ferris wheel and many rides used to stand.

I still can't believe this terrible storm
 could have demolished so much!

You can see more of my pictures
 from our Memorial Day Weekend trip to Seaside

I would like to say thank you to ABC for highlighting some of the areas damaged by Hurricane Sandy.  I am not sure the rest of the country has seen the devastation and I don't know if everyone is aware of how much work still needs to be done.  I also enjoyed seeing commercials for New Jersey with our Governor Christie and his family.  I am assuming the commercials ran all over the country and were not just local.  

Often, after time has passed and the news stories have moved on to different areas, we tend to forget about the people who still need help.  It is a reminder to all of us to think of those affected by disasters such as tornadoes in Oklahoma, attacks in Boston as well as victims of Hurricanes like Sandy, Irene, Katrina... I am happy to see the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows have made efforts to bring awareness to those in need.  

In last night's episode Des and her date met the Seaside couple and decided to give them their dinner date in Atlantic City.  Sure it was probably staged by ABC to look like a nice gesture on the couple's part but it shows how just doing something thoughtful for someone can give them hope.  The couple was very sweet and I was even hoping they would spring a "fantasy suite" option on them!  LOL.. 

Anyway, I hope you got to see last night's episode.  So far I think my favorite guys are Bryden, Chris, Drew and Brooks.  Who is your favorite?  I know there are spoiler websites out there so if you have read any, please don't give anything away to me.  I enjoy trying to figure out the "winner" myself!

If you want more of a Bachelorette discussion along with full recaps of the episodes, head over to Office Stace blog.  Stacey does an awesome job writing about the episodes each week and you will love her humor and insights.  She really does an "amazing" job...(a little Bachelorette humor for you...)

Did you watch any of the Bachelorette last night?
If so, what were your emotions after seeing that shoreline?




5 comments:

  1. It is amazing what Mother Nature can do! But the Jersey Shore is here to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of reality tv but my kids sure are! And therefore…I get hooked! When Holly is in town we watch EVERYTHING! Last Tuesday we were watching the Bachelorette and the power went off right in the middle! That's the last I've seen of it…since we were in Hilton Head! I need to watch the tevoed version now! I am so glad you were able to see the beloved places you grew up going to! There is nothing better! That's how I feel about Hilton Head! And…you are so right about the rest of the world sort of forgetting the devastation while the people there are living through it! It's a great reminder to all of us! Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What devastation they received and yes, you are so right that we tend to forget once it's off the news. I can't believe the houses that were leveled...so tragic...hope they can quickly revive the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just booked my weeks vacation in Seaside Heights. I can't wait to support the area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon after look at a couple of of the weblog posts on your web website now, and I actually like your indicates of running a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark world wide web site document and will most likely be examining once again soon. Make sure you check out my web web site as effectively and allow me know what you think. seaside heights motel

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!