Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 21, 2013

Friday Food Focus

Between dealing with the festivities of the last week of school,
and mourning the loss of our dear Jersey guy, James Gandolfini,
I have been crazy busy.

But not busy enough to remind you 
how much I hate GMOs!

This week to focus on the letter "D",
I would like to introduce you to an awesome brownie mix!


Dr. Oetker  makes an organic brownie mix
that will change the way you may feel about boxed brownie mixes.
With my chocolate addiction "expertise",
I feel that I can be an excellent judge of chocolate desserts.
I was pleasantly surprised how delicious this mix was!
The chocolate had a very rich taste 
and my kids devoured every last brownie
(well, except for the few I set aside in my secret stash!)

And if you want to stay completely organic when making these,
remember to use organic eggs and organic canola oil!
After all, canola oil is one of the top genetically modified foods.
(Ick - we don't want that now do we?)
Actually, I think the recipe called for butter,
not canola oil....either way - go organic!

Can you recommend any non-GMO dessert mixes?

Have a great weekend everyone!



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This looks like another winner.


    I just heard about Kilroys Wonder Market. I have not gone there as of yet.
    They have Gluten Free, Natural and Organic Products. Ya!
    http://www.kilroyswondermarket.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on the lookout for this brownie mix at the new Whole Foods Store we got here in Boise lately. Almost immediately after buying produce there I decided to go completely organic. I can't believe what a difference it's made in my health and energy in only a couple of weeks. It's really astounding. I'd rather starve than go back to the poison I was eating. So thanks for pointing out there are organic mixes. I hadn't gotten that far yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig