Country Living...Island Dreaming

May 14, 2013

Why Would They Cancel This Show?

I was so sad to read that my favorite sitcom Rules of Engagement
has been cancelled.


Now what am I going to watch for entertainment?!!
Honestly, if it is not Bachelor season, I am barely turning on the TV.
Well, except to see Keith Urban on Idol...

I know many of you have gotten hooked on Downton Abbey.
Maybe I will catch up with that.
But I don't think it will cause me to fall off the couch with laughter!
Every character on Rules was hilarious!

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I am not wasting time watching TV.
But I really enjoy a good silly comedy every now and then.
Rules of Engagement could get me laughing so hard
 I would have tears streaming down my face.

Now the tears are real tears because I will miss those goofy characters.
Boo hoo CBS.
What were you thinking?

At least I can always catch a great rerun of Seinfeld late at night!

Have any of your favorites been cancelled recently?

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Try "Modern Family", my favorite TV show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister in law loves that too! I think I need to get the DVDs. Thanks Ron!

      Delete
  2. CBS also cancelled Vegas last week....one of my faves, so I feel for ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is such a bummer….we loved Rules of Engagement too! (When we find the time to watch TV!) I love Modern Family too….do you watch that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ron, time to start watching Modern Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooo! I just found Rules of Engagement on Netflix and have been watching every day on my lunch break. I am only on season 4 but I will be so sad to see it end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They cancelled Smash which was my favorite on NBC. I get so tired of all the hour long crime shows, they seem to be everywhere and Smash was such a refreshing change of pace. In comedies I like Modern Family and The Middle, which totally cracks me up at times. I never watched ROE but I thought it looked quite good. I guess I just wanted to vent because I hate to see good shows go and some of these silly reality shows remain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two comedies I often watch are Modern Family and New Girl. They can both be a little bawdy.

    For my English fix I have been watching Call the Midwife (CTM) and Mr. Selfridge on PBS. Season 1 of CTM is available on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Show Cancellation Committee (I made that up!) has always puzzled me. Great shows get canceled and 'formula' shows - preteens who talk condescending to parents who are clueless - seem to thrive. Would be interesting to sit in on a meeting of the Hollywood Minds, wouldn't it? -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is bad news! I love that show! Great characters!!! I've never watched Downton Abbey either, but we love NCIS ( hence Gibbs :) Thanks for stopping by to see Gibbs today. How is Rosie doing? I allow him to get on the sunroom furniture only..the cats and dogs have ruined it. That's why I covered the sofa in drop cloths and I can launder the cushions, which helps. How much does Rosie weigh now? My other goldens were heavy, so we are going to try to keep Gibbs with normal weight. Have a great Sunday.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie is 63 pounds these days. Not a puppy anymore! I think that's pretty standard for the female goldens.

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig