Country Living...Island Dreaming

October 29, 2012

Sandy So Far

I am sure just by watching the news
you know where Hurricane Sandy is at the moment.

(The view from our dining room.)
So far in this part of New Jersey,
we have experienced wind gusts and some heavy downpours.
But they are forecasting the storm to become much worse...

Check out the front page of this morning's Star Ledger.

When I brought Rosie outside around 11:00 a.m.,
this is how things looked.
You can't really see much but if you look at the bushes,
you will see which way the wind is blowing.

The rain has slowed down a bit
but it is still very windy.

I had to use the leash because Rosie
wanted to chase every flying leaf and piece of debris she could find!
She would stay out there all day if I let her.
Yes, my house is beginning to smell like a wet dog.

Stay safe everyone!
If you don't hear from me,
it's because our electricity went out.
I will try to update from my iphone if I can.

The schools are closed today and tomorrow.
Who knows how our Halloween will be!

Are you being affected by this crazy storm?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the panhandle of WV dealing with this storm as well. It's been raining here since last night and the winds are picking up. Expecting 70 mph winds by 8pm. Hoping the power stays on but prepared either way. Good luck in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling so guilty for our 70 degree forecasts this week ~ thinking of you and praying all will be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Enjoy your nice weather!
      -Shelley

      Delete
  4. It's 3:22 pm and our power and Internet are now out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard it in the news... and I was thinking about you, Shelley. Stay safe!!!
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings coming your way from South Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Update--still no power. Several shingles are off the roof and the screen came off the garage window. Winds are gusting but the rain isn't too hard yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update. I hope a few lost shingles are the worst you get. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're ok!! Just watching TV... pics of Seaside Hights... big waves, storm and a lot if water... OMG! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're okay! We've been out of school for two whole days!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig