Country Living...Island Dreaming

September 13, 2012

Little Changes Make Such a Difference


We just had some new plumbing fixtures installed!
Woo hoo!

Yes, I know that may not seem very exciting to you.
But let me tell you, I am thrilled!

Say hello to my new kitchen faucet...

This is Brantford by Moen.
And what a difference a new faucet makes!

Since I forgot to take a picture of the old faucet.
You will have to take a look in the background here...
See it way back there?
That was my Kohler Forte.

It worked fine for a few years but the covering for the sprayer broke off, it leaked a little and then it eventually came loose from the counter.

Needless to say, it was time to go!  I decided against the same Kohler faucet because when I read the reviews, there were many complaints. So, I picked out the Moen Brantford and I love it!

But because I have a very frugal husband who doesn't want to pay for a plumber to do just ONE job, I had to wait until I found another plumbing issue that needed to be addressed.

Then we discovered that our master bathroom toilet had a leak!  Hooray!  Now, it wasn't dripping out of the toilet or anything as alarming as that.  It was just having some kind of internal issue...anyway who cares what it was!  All that mattered was I needed a plumber!  And because my husband now loves the new comfort height/extended bowl toilet in our guest bathroom, he agreed we could get a NEW toilet in the master instead of just replacing it!  It's like I hit the jackpot!  LOL!

Yes, here it is...very exciting.

Of course, it is shaped a little different from the old one
and now I have to paint behind it.  Oh well!

Now everyone is happy - especially the plumber!  I still can't get over how expensive they are!  But the faucet and the toilet are working great!

Sometimes little changes really do make a big difference!

Have you made any little changes in your house lately?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ha! You make me laugh Shelley! Pretty faucet, I'm curious if you had anything to do with the insides of the toilet issues??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I didn't even have to sabotage the toilet myself. It really had a leak on its own!

      Delete
  2. I am LOVING that new faucet!... I have to laugh because I can hear the excitement in your words and I get excited over things like this too and yes you did hit the jackpot! Way to go! :)
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think September of 2012 was very memorable to you. I agree that little changes really do make a big difference, especially when that difference resulted as great as your new toilet and faucet. It’s really like hitting a jackpot. I’m glad that everything has been fixed. Hopefully, you've never faced any plumbing-related issues up to this time.

    Levi @ CapitalPlumbing.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray when everyone is happy! It’s a win-win situation when the plumber has done his job well and get paid for it, and that you finally got your fix. It doesn’t matter much if it cost you, at least all the plumbing problems are done with. Hopefully there won't be any major ones in the future. Village Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig