Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 16, 2012

A Week of Reviews - A Restaurant

We were so busy over the weekend,
so I thought this week would be a good time
to write a few reviews
of some places and things that may interest you.

Starting with what we did Saturday night...

My husband and I headed into Philadelphia
to have dinner at a lovely floating restaurant called

It was a hot summer evening
so it really felt like we were on vacation!

The restaurant is docked on the Delaware River
in the Penns Landing section of Philadelphia.

Here is the view of the downstairs bar/lounge area
which was empty because
we had an early reservation.

It was a big date night
and we had additional plans for later in the evening!

I had to have a tropical punch drink
(actually two!)
because I wanted to continue with that vacation vibe.

Here is the view from our table.
Not too exciting - after all it's just the Delaware River!
But it was fun to eat on the water.
And the owners have done a beautiful job
preserving the beauty of the ship.

Our dinner was delicious.
My husband's Thai beef lettuce wraps were exceptional
and his swordfish was vacation worthy!
I loved my healthy organic salad with hazelnuts and pears
and the Amish free range chicken with eggplant on the side
reminded me of cozy Sunday dinners with family.
(Not that I am Amish but you know what I mean!)

I really enjoyed having a quiet dinner with my husband.
Lately when we go out without the kids,
we are usually with other couples
so it was nice to just focus on each other!

But it's not like the kids didn't come up in conversation!
As all you parents understand,
you try to have a date night
and you end up discussing them at some point!
 And needless to say, I had to text my babysitter a few times!
But we had some laughs
and really enjoyed being together!

Anyway, I would definitely recommend Moshulu
if you are looking for a different kind of dining experience
in the Philadelphia area.
We were very happy with the food,
the wait staff was very attentive
and the atmosphere was charming.
I would love to go back when we have more time.
From what I understand,
the rooftop bar is quite festive!

We were too full for dessert,
and we had to keep up with our schedule.
The night wasn't over yet...

Stop by tomorrow
for my review
 of where we went after dinner.
Ahhh..the suspense!


Have you tried any new restaurants in your area?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Hubs and I live Phili. We've walked past that restaurant many times! We spent the weekend at the other end of Phili this past weekend and enjoyed it so much! Can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Philadelphia but that restaurant looks GORGEOUS! I love the idea of it being on a river. How lovely!!

    We sometimes give ourselves a baby-talk ban when we go out to make sure that I don't spend all evening yabbering on about the kiddiewinks!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute photo, you not the ship! :) Sounds like a great date night, can't wait for Part 2!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig