Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 7, 2012

A Week at the Beach

We are wrapping up our wonderful week long stay
at the Jersey Shore.

I don't remember ever having such a hot week here in July.

Nor do I remember the water being this warm so early in the season!
The water has been 74 degrees each day
making it perfect for swimming...

and lots and lots of boogie boarding!

(And the occasional wipe-out!)

We spent time at the boardwalk,

Wasted lots of money trying to win ridiculous prizes
and devoured more ice cream that I thought was humanly possible.

We watched a house being torn down,
(Very exciting for my son!)

Rode our bikes in the annual 4th of July parade,

Went crabbing,

And even managed to squeeze in
some upside-down DS playing!

It has been a relaxing, fun filled week
spent with family.
We haven't decided if we are heading home later this morning
or after a few more hours on the beach.
It is a little cloudy and very windy at the moment
although the temperatures are expected to reach around 100 again!

I am a little behind getting back to comments on my blog this week
but I will try my best to "visit" as soon as I can!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend
and are keeping cool where you are!

How did you spend your week?

Linking to:
Shine Your Light - Sweet Summertime Week Two
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That sounds like a glorious way to spend the 4th of July week, Shelley! Perfect beach weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun. I went to the Jersey shore when I was thirteen with my best friend's family. Her grandmother lived there. I remember the boardwalk and eating the best pizza and deli sandwiches I had ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun getaway for your family! Your baby girl will be so excited to have you home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect place to spend the July 4th week - especially in this heat. I'm sure you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig