Country Living...Island Dreaming

July 2, 2012

Patriotic Table Setting

The other day,
I found these cute melamine star plates at Michaels.
They were only 64 cents each.

So in the spirit of the 4th of July,
I came up with a quick table setting.

And when I say quick,
I mean - no silverware.

As you can see,
my dining room table was still extended from our last family gathering
so the whole tablescape looks a bit stretched out.


I would have used the kitchen table
but it was being occupied by two kids and a bunch of paint projects.
We are not spending much time out in this sweltering heat!

It helps having a red dining room for the 4th.
So basically, I enjoy the red for three holidays..
Christmas,
Valentine's Day
and now the 4th of July.
But I am still thinking of painting the room a lighter color.

Some apples in my Pier One star basket
added a little more red for the 4th.

I used blue checked dishtowels for the napkins.

And red striped ones on the ends
since I only had four of the blue.


Now, if we were actually eating in the dining room for the 4th,
we would be all set!

Are you entertaining for the 4th?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Your dining room is perfect for a 4th of July celebration! Love your cute star plates and the simple but pulled together look. Hope you are enjoying the summer so far, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice red, white & blue table setting, Shelley! Love the star plates and the basket, great finds! Happy 4th of July!!!

    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute those plates are! You know, I didn't decorate this year...I don't know how, but it just slipped my mind! Anyway, we will be going to my mom's for 4th of July. After seeing all these cute decorations on blogs, I may have to decorate anyway and just leave it all up for the summer! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those plates are awesome- and a steal! And you're right about the red walls- they are perfect for those holidays:) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new star shaped plates and your red dining room. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melting, the grass is dead the garden is dying it is over 100 degrees and no end in sight.

    Love your simple but wonderful holiday tablescape.

    GREAT treasures, those melamine plates, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect, I love the star plates and the striped napkins. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your patriotic tablescape. Those star plates are great. Thanks so much for linking up at Celebrate the USA Party. Pinning to the party board.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig