Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 12, 2012

Upgrading the Fruit Bowl

One of the companies I "Like" on Facebook is Mikasa.
I happen to own (and love) their Italian Countryside pattern.
I have been wanting them to make a bigger bowl
or better yet, a footed bowl
 to use in place of this one where I store my fruit.


Well, to my surprise,
last week Mikasa posted some new pieces
on their Facebook page...
and one of them happened to be a
Footed Compote Bowl!

Generally,
I try not to buy on impulse.
After all, I am the "queen of returns"
so I usually have to think about it a little
to avoid that inevitable trip to the store or UPS.

But not this time!
The bowl was perfect!


And it wasn't long before it
was sitting on my counter holding my fruit!


I had to buy some new shiny apples
to celebrate!


The pretty details are much more noticeable on the new bowl.
Love it!

No returns this time!

Have you ever seen something on a Facebook page
and ordered it right away?

Linking to:
A Stroll thru Life - Table Top Tuesday
Not Just a Housewife -Show Me What Ya Got
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY By Design - Swing into Spring Party
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh what a perfect bowl. It is so hard to find footed bowls and this one is fabulous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And those apples just made me want one really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and versatile if you get tired of using it for fruit! I have one of their soup tureens, I use it for all kinds of things other than soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bowl! I don't blame you for ordering that without a second thought! I would too. I just ordered a mailbox from Pottery Barn. I couldn't resist since I had a 15% off coupon and we've had the same cheapy mailbox that came with the house 20 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love footed bowls. I've been eyeing a similar one at Pier 1 for quite a while. It does dress up the fruit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig