Country Living...Island Dreaming

May 3, 2012

Springsteen in New Jersey

If you are going to see Bruce Springsteen in concert,
New Jersey is the place to see him!


Last night, I had a girls night out watching Bruce perform
at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

We started the concert off with a few snacks and cocktails
in the bar and headed to our seat for the show
which started around 8:30.

As you can see,
our seats were pretty far away
but they didn't spoil the fun we had
dancing and singing
through the 3 hours he performed!

He opened with
"No Surrender"
and played favorites like
"Badlands",
"She's the One",
"The Rising"
and many newer songs.

Although I wasn't that familiar
with a lot of his newer material,
(I am not a real die-hard fan),
he ended the night with some classics:
"Born to Run",
"Dancing in the Dark",
"Rosalita"
and "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out".

I had never heard him play "Rosalita" in concert
and it is my absolute favorite song of his
so I was thrilled!!

Overall it was a great night
but getting home around 1:30 a.m. was rough,
especially since my little "Rosalita" was barking at 5:30 to go out.

After the kids left for school this morning,
I brought my pillow down to the family room
and napped for two hours.
I felt like a lazy slob
but I feel a lot better now with more sleep!

I am getting too old for this kind of thing!

Have you been to any concerts lately?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Haven't been to a concert in years but I did stay up passed 1 am the other night bidding on a Michael Kors purse on EBAY that I didn't win. I was exhausted the next day. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you must have had a ball! Wow... Hello, stopped by to visit and to say hello! Wishing you a lovely and restful evening! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky duck! Wish I was there! In my younger years, I went to several Bruce Springsteen concerts. Just heard "Tenth Avenue Freezout" the other day on the radio...I always liked this song because my childhood home is on Tenth Avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I'm getting too old too..... the last concert I went to was Kenny Chesney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Glad you and your girlfriends had a great time! Gosh, I miss Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how much fun!! A lot of good music, your girlfriends, cocktails... sounds really great, Shelley! I've seen Bryan Adams in concert last year and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig