Country Living...Island Dreaming

March 12, 2012

Shopping in Short Hills

I have been on constant doggie-duty for the past month.
So on Saturday, my husband surprised me by
taking care of the boys
and the dog
so I could have a relaxing day to myself.

If I had known about this little treat ahead of time
I would have booked a massage or something.
But instead I headed to Short Hills Mall.
The most fabulous mall in New Jersey!


I could barely contain my excitement
as I parked the car and headed in for a day of shopping.
Back in the days when I worked outside the home,
my office was only 9 minutes from here.
Ahh...those were the days...

Of course, at this mall,
I knew I would be doing a lot more window shopping
than actually buying
but that was fine with me.
Anything is better than
running around the yard after a pooping puppy!

Short Hills Mall mixes high end stores such as
Chanel
Dior
Gucci
Hermes
Saks
Restoration Hardware...

With more realistic stores such as
Gap
Loft
Pottery Barn...

See the full directory here:

The mall is about 30 minutes outside of New York City
but in New Jersey
we don't pay sales tax on clothing
so you get the best of both worlds.

After trying on some shoes I couldn't afford
in Nordstrom,
I headed to Restoration Hardware
to view their new pieces in person.

Check out their entrance...
What a gorgeous store!
Lots of grays...

Needless to say,
I couldn't afford anything there.
But it sure was fun to look!

Then I headed to Pottery Barn!
More grays here...



And some reds too.

I spent the day in dressing rooms
and I took my time soaking in the beautiful displays.
I only bought a colorful scarf at the Gap
and a monogrammed mug at Anthropologie for my friend.
But having time to myself to just drool over gorgeous things
made the trip worth it!

Do you have any great malls
or shopping centers you visit as a treat to yourself?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. It's so cute that you spent the whole day in the mall and only bought a couple things! I agree, though, just wandering aimlessly can be SUCH a welcome break! I actually do it pretty regularly when I get a babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that shop looks divine!! Glad you had a little 'me' time, I know that all the puppy business can be exhausting! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had some time off, a perfect outing! I'm sure you were greeted with by a puppy who missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a little retail therapy! Beautiful displays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! It looks like you had a fantastic day. I was in our local Restoration Hardware recently too and wanted to take home so many things with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish soosooooo much that we had a Restoration Hardware in the UK. So jealous!!! It looks utterly gorgeously yummy!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect {shopping} day, Shelley! Restoration Hardware is on my list... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelley, it's important to have a little "me" time to relax and have some fun. Glad you had a great day at that fabulous mall. --------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got a free day to yourself. Rosie is so adorable. I might have to avoid your blog for a while b/c she makes me want a puppy! I canNOT have a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love days like that and this mall, WOW, would love to spend a day wandering there.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig