March 9, 2012

Decisions, Decisions...

Last week I asked for advice about
which direction I should run the boards
on my laundry room beadboard ceiling.

Most of you suggested I run them the length of the room.
But I went against the majority
and ran the boards the width of the room.
See Beadboard Ceiling
Yeah, I'm such a rebel..

Then I asked your opinions
about which light fixture
would work best in the laundry room.
See Lighting in the Laundry.

The majority of you chose the schoolhouse light.

And my decision is...
A drumroll please...

World Imports Lighting 9007-37 Luray 1-Light Semi-flush Light Fixture, Satin Nickel
The Schoolhouse Light!

I decided to go with the brushed nickel finish
instead of the oil rubbed bronze
because all the metal
(except those scratched up brass hideous doorknobs)
are brushed nickel.

I think it is a cleaner look overall.
It will provide adequate lighting for the space
and it's probably a quarter of the price of the
mini-smokebell!

But because I am insane
and can't stick with a decision,
I found another one I like and now
I am deciding between the two
schoolhouse lights!


1800lighting.com/Savoy-House-Lighting

I know, there are so much alike
but I always have to make things difficult for myself!

So after I stare at them a little more,
I will order one and have it hung by the next time you see that room!
I am sure you are sick of hearing about that laundry room by now!

But I wanted to thank you all for your opinions.
Sometimes it's helpful
to have some fresh eyes take a look at something!

When you ask for opinions,
do you already have a decision in mind?

Or do you consider all the advice you get?

Linking to:
No Minimalist Here - Open House Party
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
At the Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday


6 comments:

  1. They are so close. Can't wait to see which one you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both! Either will be fabulous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your choice. The beadboard ceiling is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these lights, I really need new ones in our house, they are still from the 70's! :) I have missed so much being gone, your room is looking beautiful and Rosie is getting so big! I hope things are starting to fall into a routine with her.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so close - go with the cheaper one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I'm leaning toward the second, but since they are both pretty similar, I will definitely like whichever you pick. :)

    I must not like advice very much, because I tend to rarely ask for it! haha I guess I'm afraid of opening pandora's box. I usually just ask google instead. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!