January 6, 2012

Starting Out Small

Here it is,
January 6th and I still haven't committed to a
New Year's Resolution List!

I just have so many things in mind that I would like to do
and I don't want to just make a list.
I want to make sure I actually accomplish the items on it!

So for now,
I thought I would start out small.

Lisa from Shine Your Light is having a party:
and I thought it would be fun to write a quick post for it.

She wants us to post a "Before" today,
and at the end of the month
post the "After".

I am starting in my Laundry Room
since I seem to spend half my day in there anyway!

I have two projects I would like to accomplish this month.
Hopefully I will get both of them done!

Here is one "Before"
This is the area above my cabinets
in the laundry room.
I want to add some black up there...
either paint the baskets and change the liners or something.

Here is the other "Before"
(The scary one!)
This is my nightmare utility tub
which always has my husband's running shoes
scattered below.
I once thought about replacing the sink
with a cabinet of some sort,
but I do like having a deep sink in here.
(Even though it is usually filled with dirty laundry!)

Anyway,
I would like to make
some kind of sink skirt to hide the shoes
because realistically,
he is always going to throw them there!
Let's see if I can come up with a no-sew option!

So there you have it -
two projects to get done this month.
Wish me luck!

Have you started your list yet?

Linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Shelley, this is perfect for a "before"! I wanted to give everyone a motivation to get something done, and those things bother you, or at least the sink area, right?
    I have seen no-sew versions of a utility sink skirt using velcro. I have the same sink in my mudroom and LOVE it. How awesome is it to have in your laundry room (even as a big laundry basket?)
    Thanks so much for linking up! I'm looking forward to seeing your "afters"!!! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Shelley. A sink skirt will look so pretty, although MY hubby would just pitch the shoes in front of the sink skirt! At my house I'd have to skip the skirt and put a pretty basket under the sink instead. I hope you have better luck than I would! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a laundry room as I have the dreaded space in the basement for laundry! Have you though of a nice looking basket for your hubby's running shoes? In my house, an under the sink skirt would either get ripped down or dirty! Have a wonderful weekend Shelley! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a basket too - maybe I will do both! He throws so many shoes down there that they will get piled up. Also, having a skirt will hide the unattractive legs of the utility tub! And if I could find a no-sew option, it would work out great! Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great befores! Can't wait to see the afters! I hope that your 2012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the sink skirt that you'll do! My washer and dryer was moved up to the garage from the basement so I live thur other bloggers that have gorgeous laundry rooms.LOL
    I'll be back to see all that you accomplish!
    ♥Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley, I feel your pain. My laundry room seems to be a catch all for lots more than shoes. Good luck on your fix up, can't wait to see the after's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar laundry sink and used double sided sticky hook and loop tape (velcro) to hold a skirt on the plastic. Works quite well. Thanks for your encouragement on my 'before' and plans for our basement guest suite. I have the walls painted and just need to do all the trim, doors and windows now. I am feel like I have got a really good start on it before I head back to work tomorrow after a nice Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a skirt under the sink would be a perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect before and after! I want to invite you to stop by my blog and participate in the "impossibility" challenge I am hosting with six other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!