Country Living...Island Dreaming

December 8, 2011

Holding Place - A Simple Place to Display Christmas Cards

Now that the Christmas cards have begun to roll in,
I came up with a temporary place to hold them.
A Santa basket on
my multi-use Pottery Barn basket tray.

As I posted the other day under
"Displaying Christmas Cards",
I have been trying to come up with a creative solution
to display my cards...
besides my usual taping them to doorway plan
of previous years!

So, for now
they will sit in this cute little Santa basket
 I picked up at Michael's.
The basket can be functional and part of the decorations.

I always struggle with this spot on my coffee table anyway.

You might recall,
how I recently staged the table for fall...

Only to dismantle my creation
after a couple hours of crazy-boy/dad wrestling
 in the family room.

Seriously,
I cannot have anything breakable in this spot.

So for now, this will be the place I keep my Christmas cards.

At least it looks better than it usually does...
The remote-holder
magazine-stacker
catch-all basket!

Have you found a holding place
 for your cards?

Linking to:
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. You know, I just realized that we haven't gotten a card yet! I guess all my friends and family are really behind this year. Of course, it doesn't help that I usually send out a photo New Year's card instead! I've probably gotten dropped from a couple of Christmas card lists because of it. By the way, the Santa basket is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using baskets for everything and Christmas cards are perfect stored there. Great thinking!

    Happy holiday hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got only one Christmas card at this time. Hope to get some more from family and friends ;-) Then I'll put them onto my lovely decorated Christmas garland between all the little other stuff. But I like the idea with the basket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a fun card holder, it is white metal decorated for the holidays! I love your tray though because it is perfect for every season!

    Please come to The 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways!! The French Basketeer has a special offering right now and there are more gifts open to enter!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty baskets! Plus, everyone can look at them before you hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the basket on the coffee table is actually really functional...especially when you have guests over! They can flip through them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your basket is adorable! Mine are usually scattered all over the kitchen counter because I don't have a spot for them. :) I might have to so see if I have something pretty to put them in. :)
    Have a wonderful week!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Makes them so accessible for easy reading. Smart thinking - thanks for sharing. liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Mine are all stuck on my fridge. :/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig