November 25, 2011

Turkey for Ten

Recently, I posted a Thanksgiving table:
A Country Thanksgiving for Four
because our "real" Thanksgiving table
is usually crowded with extensions
and mismatched chairs
and basically
not what I would want my table to look like.

Well, to my surprise,
this year we ended up with 18 guests
instead of the usual 20-25
due to some cousins who had to eat at fiance's homes
and a some who had to work.

While we did miss seeing some of our relatives,
as a table-standpoint,
it worked out just fine!
Our dining room table,
aka "the adult table"
was extended and comfortably set for ten.
Comfortably, I say
except for the 4 ugly folding chairs we had to use!

The "kids" table was in the kitchen and
ooops I forgot to take a picture,
Well, it wasn't really "set".
First it was used for appetizers
and then since things were served buffet style at the counter,
the "kids" just sat where they wanted - pretty casual.

On Wednesday,
Williams Sonoma was having a 15% off
sale on table linens
so I picked up this botanical pear one.
It ended up being a little short on the end
with both extensions in,
but I was happy with it.
The center has a nice design too,
but I have it covered here with a cornucopia.

I didn't have 10 of the same napkin rings,
so some settings had these wood ones.

And some had these green ones
which picked up the ribbon color in the cornucopia nicely.
I like that word - cornucopia.
But I have to think hard every time I have to spell it!

I didn't get too many close ups
because after I lit the candles,
everyone was getting antsy in the kitchen!

This plate on my sideboard sums it up.
It is a great reminder
and perfect since we host Thanksgiving every year.
My mom bought me the plate last year.

I am so thankful 
for my wonderful family and friends...
and the fact that my husband helps with the dishes!
LOL!

Where did you spend Thanksgiving this year?

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Just think, next year you'll have a new addition! (the puppy) It looks beautiful and I want that tablecloth, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tablecloth and what a great bargain! It is fun to host the family at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is lovely and as folding chairs go, yours aren't too bad! The cornucopia is very pretty and I like the soft colors.

    Elaine
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with your canceled guest you still had a table full. And your table looks so pretty! Love your cornucopia too!
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley your table looks beautiful and I am sure everyone loved your Thanksgiving Feast.

    I love that pattern on the tablecloth! Isn't William Sonoma great!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!