Country Living...Island Dreaming

November 9, 2011

One Year

I cannot believe exactly one year ago today,
I started this blog!
I didn't know what I would be writing today
because I started to pressure myself
to write some kind of masterpiece or something to celebrate.
So silly...

So I just thought about the past year and
When I look back over my posts and my goals for the blog.
I find it interesting how it has evolved during that time.
Since I love the Caribbean so much,
I used to post more frequently about islands
and the island influences in my home.

But with kids,
 we aren't traveling to the Caribbean as much as we used to.

I have started focusing more on what is going on here.
Decorating my house,
Doing home improvement projects
Living life in New Jersey.

I guess it was a good idea to call my blog
Calypso in the Country
because it really isn't all about the Caribbean.
Maybe Calypso AND the Country would have been a better title!
Anyway, even when I am posting about projects or decorating here in the country,
I like to think that I still have a Calypso state of mind!  LOL!

But seriously,
I have enjoyed this journey over the past year.
I never expected to make so many blog friends
and have enjoyed your comments
and our many email "conversations".
I know sometimes it might take a couple days
to get back to you and comment on your blogs,
but I do try my best.

Thank you for stopping by to read what I have to say.
I will attempt to keep things interesting around here.
I would like to say I will post more
but some weeks I am posting almost every day,
and some weeks...not so much.

Even though I am a stay-at-home mom,
I am involved in a lot of volunteer work
 and of course all the kid activities that many of us can relate to!
I want this blog to remain a fun place for me
so I am trying my best not to pressure myself
when I feel that I "should" post something.
In fact, I usually write my post on the morning I post it.
I rarely have anything prepared more than a day or two ahead.
It's just when I have something to say, I say it.
And when I don't - I don't.

But I must say,
I have learned so much from all of you.
I am SO impressed with the talent out there in the blog-world
and I am thrilled to contribute what I can.

So grab that glass of champagne and join me in a toast!
Oh wait, it's still morning!
Grab that mimosa and join me in a toast!


Cheers to Year One!
And Cheers to all of you
 for helping to make this an enjoyable experience!

I hope there will be many more!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Happy blogiversary!!! I adore you and your blog and have been having fun seeing all that you do and say and getting to know you. :) Here is to another year!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers!!! I enjoy your blog and happy I found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy One Year!! I've enjoyed your blog, fellow Jersey girl, and look forward to reading much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary on your one year! Love your blog. is that a photo of you in Anguilla at Cap Juluca? Looks like it. I love that place. Anyway - congrats and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, you are all so sweet! FYI - the picture of me is not in Anguilla, it is from Jumby Bay, Antigua.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 1 year! I'm about a month behind you! Blogging has definitely been a fun thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! We started at the same time...remember? I somehow missed my anniversary.
    At toast to YOU...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig