November 1, 2011

Abundance and Simplicity

If I could sum up my posts for the month of October,
two words come to mind:
Abundance and Simplicity.

I seemed to have an abundance of black candlesticks
that showed up everywhere...

From my Halloween table setting


To my Autumn Console,


And my Fall in the Foyer
...just to name a few places.


I had to bring them all out at once
just to show you
that I wasn't just moving them from vignette to vignette!

But I also kept things simple
with a quick and easy kitchen tabletop.


And a simple update
with new pillows for my seagrass chairs.


I played around on my mantel
with simple black and white decor.


And then added an abundance of
color and accessories.


The kids and I picked an abundance
of apples.


And wound up making a simple
apple pie recipe.


But the most memorable abundance
was the crazy amount of snow we just received!


But because of it,
we were forced to live simply
for a couple of days without power.
That is one simple thing I could definitely live without!

How would you sum up your month of October?

Linking to:
Diy by Design - Fall into Fall Party

11 comments:

  1. Wow! All that snow for Halloween! Love the table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My October could be summed up as busy! It seems that there is so much to do in the fall. Decorating for fall, planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then all the everyday things that have to be done inside and outside the home. I get exhausted sometimes but I love what I do and I like to stay busy with time to rest along the way. Isn't it surprising how many things we own when they are put together in collections? I like your candle sticks and that might just be something that one cannot have too many of.
    They add a special touch to almost any area.--Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Simple reminds us to appreciate the abundance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully your power is back on! We just got rain down the shore, but we were at a wedding in PA and the roads were horrendous. I'm hoping this isn't a taste of what is to come...

    As always, your home looked beautiful this season. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My October probably wasn't the best. I am hoping for better times in November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snow looks just like Denver, we were lucky, our power didn't go out(neighbors did)! And, we just got another blast this morning, hope it misses you. Your pie is my favorite, can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love!!!

    Sets the tone for the holiday season---

    Best wishes,

    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that pie looks and must have smelled delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Shelley. I enjoyed your pictorial contrast. You have a beautiful home. So sorry you lost power. I heard many areas were without power for up 5 days. Good reason to fire up that fireplace, though!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall decorations are just beautiful. October was a very busy month for us, but nothing like yours! Snow in October is just plain weird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you've had so much snow at this time of year! It looks picture perfect!!!

    I love candles and candlelight. I bet yours look beautiful all lit up!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!