Country Living...Island Dreaming

September 9, 2011

A Week of Reviews - A Retailer

Today, I would like to review a retailer
I have dealt with many times:

L.L.Bean

Here are the reasons
I have been so happy with them over the years.

1.  Quality - I have been very satisfied with the caliber of their merchandise.  There are no surprises here.  You expect good quality from them and that is what you get.  After all, they know what they are doing... They have been in business since 1912!  Two years ago, I bought my son a jacket from another "similar" online retailer and was disappointed in the quality.  We had ongoing problems with the zipper where it would unzip from the bottom and when he would get home from school we would have to play around with the zipper to get him out of the jacket.  I was going to return it after a while but a friend told me that she had the same problem too.  I ended up just buying another jacket from LLBean instead and I was very happy with it.  It has held up extremely well with not one zipper problem.  And if he ever does have a zipper problem, LL.Bean will fix it!

2.  Style - I like knowing I can consistently get a classic style that I am looking for.  They update their merchandise but continue to stay within their classic style range.  There are certain things you just don't need to keep changing!

3.  Customer Service - This is a big one for me!  I like knowing that I can get a problem resolved quickly and efficiently.  Last year, I ordered my son a backpack with his three initials on it.  After opening the package and writing his name on the inside tag, I noticed that the stitching with his initials was unfinished.  Only a part of a letter or two was there and the rest was missing.  I called them and explained the problem and they told me they would send out a corrected one right away.  They told me he could use the defective one until we received the new one.  Once the new one came, we could send the old one back to them in the prepaid package provided.  They were very courteous and professional about the situation.

4.  Reviews - As you may have noticed, I love reviews!  Not only does the L.L.Bean website allow you to post your review of a product (which I find extremely helpful), but they also have a whole section where you can share your L.L.Bean story!  How cute is that?  Go over there and read some of them and you will be quite impressed with the company! -  L.L.Bean Stories
4.  Made in the USA - This is important for me!  I love dealing with companies that are made in the USA!  Why do we have to buy everything that is made in China anyway?


And there you have another review for the week!

Is there an online retailer that you have been very happy with?

By the way, you probably know, L.L. Bean does have actual retail stores,
unfortunately, I am not lucky enough to have one by me!
Are you?

(My usual disclaimer...
No, I am not being compensated in any way to give this review!)
SHARE:

1 comment

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig