Country Living...Island Dreaming

September 15, 2011

Autumn Colors

With the cooler weather approaching,
 I have been in the mood for some richer colors in my home.
So, the other day, when I rearranged my Living Room,
I also played around a bit with this table.
I don't have a before picture - (poor planning!)
But I changed things around and added a few things.
I left my shell picture on the wall
but added a little bit of fall to the table.

I don't usually go crazy with the seasonal decor.
Just a few changes here and there.

Some richer colors down below.


Someone gave me this great little ceramic pumpkin years ago.


I bought this frame at Pier One last spring.
Then I put a bird print inside
 like I had seen on a display at Pottery Barn.

To make it, I found a small bird calendar on sale last January.
and I blew up the image I wanted on the photocopier.
Wow, what a crafter I am - LOL!

So there you have my little corner of autumn colors.

Have you started adding richer colors
or are you still hanging on to the summer ones?

Linking to:

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hi Shelley, I love your sweet little corner of autumn colors... very pretty!!! I'll try to start some fall decoration after my vacation week. But I can't live without my beachy stuff ;-))

    BTW: Do you have some recommendations about NJ and - of course - the shore??? We'll be sure to visit Cape May... What we should not miss? Looking forward to some great tips!!! Thaaaanks!!!

    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red urn and that bird print you framed looks terrific. I have not begun autumn decorating yet, but did go buy a bunch of stuff today to start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new autumn vignette...the little pumpkin is so cute! I haven't done any decorating yet....
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love how you added the vibrant fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fall decorating, very nice! I haven't started my fall decorating yet, I'm still in denial about summer being over!

    Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelley, I love your seasonal changes. It's so nice to change things up a bit. I tend to go overboard in the fall since it's my favorite season. The red vase and bird cage look perfect on the bottom shelf of your table. And yes, it's a bit too cold for this time of year in New Jersey. I'm not quite ready for it yet. Have a nice weekend!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your fall changes! That red urn is so gorgeous and I almost picked up the same bird cage last time I was at Tuesday Morning (did you find yours there). :-) May just have to go back and get it now that I see how fantastic yours looks! Thank you so much for coming over and sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh!!! It looks so nice!! Puts me in the mood for pumpkin pie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rearrangement is Lovely Shelly...Very Nice :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig