Country Living...Island Dreaming

August 23, 2011

Tips for Preserving the School Year

Our kids grow up so fast
and each school year seems to fly by.

I am one of those moms who saves everything my kids bring home.  I have plastic bins in my basement full of all their artwork, projects and most of their schoolwork and homework.  Each year of school has a separate bin.  Could you imagine what my basement will look like by the end of high school?!!

I have started working on another way to preserve their mementos.
I think I saw  this idea on some kind of organizing show awhile back...
Photobooks.

I am making a separate one for each year of school!

(I haven't gotten very far with my first school one yet!)

But as you can see, I already make them for every vacation, season, etc.
Although, I am getting a bit behind with all the pictures I have been taking...
Anyway,
I use Shutterfly.com
(No, I am not being compensated in any way - I wish I was, LOL!)

You can upload any photos to their site and
choose the photo book size that works for you.
I usually use the custom path to create my books
but they offer an automatic one too.

Since you can add photos and captions,
why not add photos
that capture their year from
the first day of school until the last!

And in addition to photos...

I have started taking pictures of some of their sweet assignments...

and special projects.

This way, I can add pictures of their projects
to the photobooks along with the rest of their memories!

Now each year can be consolidated in one place.
Of course, I still don't think I will be able to part with the originals in the bins!
But it is a great way to remember each year in a special way.



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the idea of photo books - such a lovely way to keep those memories safe. Great idea!!

    Hope you're having a lovely week.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too adore photo books. Such a great idea to do one for the school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love photobooks!!! It's such a great way to keep your memories...

    Have a nice day (and THANKS for following my blog!).

    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made a photo book. What a great idea and lovely momento.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I haven't done it but my sister has and it was so cute! I can't wait to give it a try!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea to preserve their school years memories. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig