August 16, 2011

Afternoon Tea Vignette

The day started out rainy. 
It was actually the 3rd rainy day in a row.
  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the rain since we needed it so badly.
  But the dreary morning made me feel the need for some color.
 For fun, I decided to set up a cheerful Afternoon Tea vignette
 (with a Caribbean vibe of course!)
I gathered beachy accents
 along with some pink and blue pieces.
I love the way my blue and white scarf
 picks up the colors in the teapot. 
 I found this cute teapot at Homegoods recently.

Orchids always bring out the island feel.
 I love them set against the white tablecloth.
You might remember this white lantern from my dining room.

 And what would afternoon tea be without a starfish!
It's nice to work with what you have to create new looks.

 Ironically, the sun started to come out while I was shooting my table.

I guess the cheerful colors helped to brighten up the afternoon!
And I didn't even have to spend any money!

Did the sun come out where you live today?
Linking to:

8 comments:

  1. It is hot and sunny here. Love the teapot. My daughter just started working for Home Goods. Surprisingly, I haven't been shopping there lately...I don't want to embarrass her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea table! Love the dainty teapot and the pretty blue and white tablecloth is so perfect for this tablesetting. The pink orchid and the starfish add such nice accents. Visiting from Judy's Sizzle into Summer party. Have a nice evening!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vignette. I love that lantern. I have one very similar. I must do something with it like you did. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatiful tea pot and tea vignette. The blue and white table top is so perfect for this tea tablescape. Pretty elements that make it so happy and inviting. I'm visiting from WUW. Have a nice night. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful blog. This looks great. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. Take care Anu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! What a great idea to do something like this on a rainy day -- I love the lantern and the teapot -- well, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table - and I love your view!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That teapot is so pretty! Your teascape is so sweet. A surefire way to brighten a dreary day is a beautiful tea. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!