June 8, 2011

World Oceans Day!

This is the first day I have posted TWO times!
(What a blogger I have become! - LOL)
  Actually, I totally forgot today was the 8th and now I just have to join
Rhonda over at Shellbelle's Tiki Hut for her
World Oceans Day Beach Party! 

Of all the parties out there, I cannot miss a beach party!

So here are some photos to remind us of the beauty of our oceans!
Caneel Bay in St. John USVI


Let's travel from Hawaii...
(view of Diamond Head on Waikiki Beach)

To the Jersey Shore... 
Spring Lake Beach
 (with the old Essex & Sussex Hotel in background)

And from high above... 
(Flying over the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten)

To down below... 
(Stingray in Grand Cayman)

Besides enjoying the beauty of our oceans... 
(Grand Cayman)

(Grand Cayman)

And besides playing in them...

(Grand Bahama island)

We need to respect our waters
 and remember that we are sharing them with other creatures in the world!
(Antigua)

Happy World Oceans Day Everyone!

Now go over and visit Rhonda and join her party!

9 comments:

  1. Happy WOC! Stop on by my party, too. Is that you swimming with a dolphin??? So jealous. I want to do that so badly. Love them. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post today. Happy World Oceans Day.
    Your pictures are so beautiful. You have visted some amazing beaches.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, you have been to so many wonderful places! I swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman as well and it was such an amazing experience! I also swam with the dolphins in Cozumel! I can't even put into words that experience.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it all! It is images just like this that future generations won't see if we don't love and respect our ocean and the sea life that inhabits her!

    Gorgeous shots and thank you so much for joining us for World Oceans Day, it wouldn't have been the same without you!

    If it weren't so late, I'd run down to the water and jump right in!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! It looks like you've gone to all the places I've sailed to! A fellow traveler...YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW looks amazing thanks for sharing with us...

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone - yes Simone that is me with the dolphin! Thanks again to Rhonda for hosting the party!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! Thanks for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late in visiting...life sometimes gets in the way of my FUN activities.

    Love your gorgeous photos. You have certainly visited some beautiful places.What an experience...swimming with the rays and dolphins. I've done that, too...but not planned! A pod of dolphins joined us in the water and "played" all around us...then I was standing in the water when a whole school (?) of rays rose from the sand and fluttered by my legs. It was amazing!!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!