Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 21, 2011

Summer Sun

Happy First Day of Summer Everyone!

Ahh...June 21st
The longest day of the year...
I love how the summer sun
illuminates the front rooms of my house.

The light streams in from every angle.

This is the most perfect time of the year to me.

There is light in places that would stay dark all winter.

I love the late afternoon glow.



After today,
 the days start to shorten again.

Enjoy the first day of summer and all the summer light!

And happy winter to all my southern hemisphere friends!

We will be barbequing this evening.
What are your first day of summer plans?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Your sunlight is beautiful thanks for sharing and that chair is gorgeous! I'm all about earthy texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippy for summertime!! I love it and your photos are fabulous...your home should be in a magazine :O)

    Hope you get a chance to come over and enter our "Celebrate Summer" giveaway for a pair of Beach Glass Earrings.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the laziness of summer around here, but I am dreading the summer heat! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig