Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 5, 2011

Serendipity and Number 13

Last night my husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  We both had a crazy week and didn't realize till Thursday that we never made any dinner reservations.  Since I had just been shopping in Lambertville on Wednesday, I was really in the mood for Hamilton's Grill Room.  It had been about a year since we had eaten there.  Unfortunately, the only reservation they had was for 9:00 p.m. but then I figured we could just go early and have a drink at The Boat House.  Margaritas here I come!  I had a cute, summery outfit planned but it ended up being a little rainy and only about 68 degrees.  I was a bit annoyed about having to redo my whole look for the evening, but after throwing together an new ensemble that I could live with, we headed out.

We arrived about 8:15 and as we were walking from the far parking lot, a white car pulled toward us and I swear I thought it was going to hit us.  Then it stopped and we realized it was one of my very best friends and her husband!  They had dinner reservations there too!  And guess what time?...Yes 9:00!  This was quite a coincidence since Lambertville is not just around the corner for us - or for them!  And it is not a place either of us go to on a regular basis! 

Now my friend and I have been known in the past to play tricks on our husbands to go to certain places over the years.  We will pull the ol' - "They really want to go to this restaurant", when actually it was the two of us girls who really wanted to go there....Anyway, you can just imagine how thrilled we were to have such a nice surprise!  We didn't even have to orchestrate any schemes this time!  My friend commutes to New York every day, has 3 kids and we really have totally different schedules.  We talk every few weeks but we don't spend nearly as much time together as we should.  Now, I know it was our anniversary and all but hey, we're not newlyweds anymore and it was just so much fun to see our friends!

We had our margaritas at the Boat House - outside, because the sky cleared and it ended up being a beautiful night!  Dinner at Hamilton's Grill was delicious and we had lots of laughs and funny stories to share.  We all ended up having a great time.  So, what's so unlucky about the number 13?

Now I can add that to the list of my coincidences!
To read more of them, check out my post:  Coincidence or Just in Sync?

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Did anyone else have any coincidences?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! To spend it with friends must have been so fun!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my amazing Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy anniversary! Sounds just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting and Happy Anniversary!!!! And yes you must get a blogging dog! Have a great day. Hugs, Janet Blondell

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig