Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 22, 2011

Painting the $20 Chair

Recently, when I missed out on buying the
 $100 headboard...(yes still regretting it),
I did buy a $20 chair for my son's room.

BEFORE:
I knew I would be painting it. 

I thought navy would look great but he thought it would look too black.
  So, we settled on the color, Deep Royal from Benjamin Moore.
  On the paint chip it looked pretty navy to me so I thought it would work.
  I usually buy the mini paint samples and try them out,
 but this time it was just a chair so I wasn't as concerned. 

I was a little nervous when I opened the can
 because it didn't look as dark as I wanted it.
  But once I started painting,
 I figured I would just go with it.

I even had a little helper.

Now, of course my son caught the painting bug
 and wanted to paint everything in sight...

Oh well, the plain terra cotta was boring!

AFTER:
So this is what the chair ended up looking like.

But in the sunlight, it looks much more royal blue than navy
...I guess the name was correct!

But my little sweetie was happy

And that is all that matters!

Believe it or not, the color is supposed to be the one on top.
Maybe I need another coat...

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love that color perfect for my porch theme. You got me thinking... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color you chose is great....of course blue is my favorite color. And what a great deal on that chair....I just love a good deal!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painted chair looks great! I need to do something about my son's room...poor guy. We just cleaned it all out...I won't say how many trashbags we filled and what all was under the bed! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shade of blue! The chair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo, pretty....I mean rugged and boy-like. :P

    I have never tested paint. Sometimes I think it would be a good idea but I'm so indecisive that I think it might make things worse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks..I still have a lot of work to do on the room. He is seven now and the room still has a real little kid vibe to it. He wants to make some changes - and actually has some ideas too! He is just growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks darling. I NEVER trust those darn paint chips. So frustrating. But the color is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig