Country Living...Island Dreaming

June 16, 2011

A New Look

Last night on a whim,
I decided to change my blog header
but I couldn't get it quite right. 

It's amazing how when the sun comes up with a new day,
you can see things much more clearly.


Before I went to bed my blog looked like this...
It just didn't feel right.
  I think I had too much turquoise in there.

  It felt very beachy, but almost made the blog look like it was trying to be a travel blog.  I wanted it to reflect a little more of the decorating side.  And since there is absolutely no turquoise in my home, I felt like I had to get rid of that color.

I was happy with the pictures I chose
and made sure I kept the orchid
to keep the blog looking a little bit familiar...
Since I forgot to save a picture of what the blog looked like before,
it was basically the above picture with the words,
 Calypso in the Country written across the top.

Anyway..

So this morning, I woke up feeling refreshed,
I toned down the colors from last night,
 and now I feel happy with the outcome. 

Since I didn't want to spend any money to make changes,
I used Picnik.com 
to download and arrange my pictures.
Then I just used what Blogger had to offer in their Design Template
and I was done.

Have you changed your blog header lately?

Today I am linking to:
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I really need to change my blog header. I don't know why, but there is always something a bit frightening about it. I should just take the plunge! Yours looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. I love it. The pictures are fabulous and the windows are stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Since I am tecnologically challenged, I have to have somebody redo my blog. I am getting ready to change the look of my blog. I'm afraid to do it on my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. I like the white lettering with the black border...clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a splendid job on the header. It looks fabulous. Isn't it amazing how one little change can brighten up your whole world!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how long I fiddled about with my blog header before I hit on something I loved!

    I really like what you've put together. It looks great and I noticed how lovely it looked BEFORE I read your post!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley, it looks great. Has a real Caribbean feel, perfect. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new header looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig