Country Living...Island Dreaming

April 22, 2011

Earth Day and a Surfer

On this Earth Day,
let's think about protecting our oceans and beaches!


 I would like to dedicate my post to my dear friend, Scott,
 who passed away in 1994.
He was a surfer, an artist, the funniest guy in the world and an amazing friend.
He was passionate about protecting our oceans and was involved in an amazing organization called:


If you would like to learn more about preserving our oceans and beaches, please visit their website.
They have chapters all over the country.
Miss you Scotto!


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. A beautiful tribute and the perfect day to post it in his honor.

    Having grown up in Malibu, it is still always in my heart and on my mind, as is protecting our oceans — I admire the Surfrider Foundation and all they do.

    Thanks for posting on Earth Day! I hope you'll join me on June 8th to celebrate World Oceans Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I think thats fantastic! A lovely tribute.
    Which NJ beach do you go too?? we are in LBI. :)
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have gone to surf rider fundraising events here in OC, Ca and now this takes on a new importance for me. He was a handsome guy. Definitely turned the sprinklers on you :) Now he's like a guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people just look like nice people and Scott looks like a nice person. I have never heard of Surfrider but will definitely check it out. I'm a summer/beach girl and the beaches are important to me too. Sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig