March 25, 2011

Toilet Talk

In 10 days we will be ripping out the tile in our guest bathroom and laundry room and installing new tile! Yay! (When I say "we", I mean  - I will be standing there watching while the tile guys rip out the tile!...)
Anyway, I am also replacing the beige toilet (which always gets clogged).  So far, I know I want it to be white and have a good flush...but I can't decide on anything else.  That's where you guys come in.  Because it is just SO much fun to talk about toilets, I am asking you for advice!

My existing toilet is an American Standard, two piece, elongated bowl, regular height, beige.

I want to stay with the elongated but am thinking possibly:
Comfort height aka Right Height?
One piece?
Maybe more decoratiive?
White (most likely)

Of course the one piece and the more decorative will make the cost go up...substantially.  I keep telling myself:  It's a toilet - why does it matter?

Well, I guess it does.  I guess the main requirement is a good flush!

I am thinking either the American Standard Cadet 3 Kohler Cimmaron.

Oh yeah, I haven't showed you the tile I chose yet...
The new one is on the left.  The one on the right is the existing hallway...(oh and the tip of my shoe!)  It doesn't look that different in the photo but in person they go really well together.  Plus it will be straight instead of diagonal in the bathroom.  I wanted them to flow together without looking like I tried to match them.

Anyway, back to the toilet!
Do you have any you would like to recommend?
Thanks, I really appreciate the help!


6 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted you to know that I LOVE your blog! YOU ROCK and I am awarding you with the STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD! Hope you'll head over to threemangoseeds.blogspot.com to check it out! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new tile! Just read this, http://loveandlifeatleadora.blogspot.com/2011/03/meet-toto.html, maybe that'll help.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting! I will say that we recently purchased a new toilet and got one that is water efficient and has a smaller tank. I despise this toilet and do not recommend it. Will stay tuned to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how much more expensive the Toto is than the toilets that you are thinking about, but I would encourage you to take a look at the Toto brand. I was really reluctant about spending so much money on a toilet, but it really is something that you own for a very long time. However, carefully check dimensions as it has to be set a certain distance away from the wall. Good luck with the search! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn to visit! Im hoping that your bathroom turns out the way you want it.I will be back to see! Hope you stop by and visit me and follow if you so desire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I don't have any advice for you but I'm also currently on the hunt for a new toilet for a powder room we are renovating. My husband and I talk about it all the time! Who would have thought the toilet would be such a big decision? Good luck with your search :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!