Country Living...Island Dreaming

March 17, 2011

Spring Bakers Rack

I am constantly changing this baker's rack
since it is right in my kitchen where I see it
everyday. 

 
This time I threw in some white.


 Now it feels light and springy.


I have been thinking about painting the bottom
 either white or black.
  I have never been thrilled with the orangy-brown stain color
since I ordered it without seeing it in person. 
It really looks orange in the sunlight!

It was the swirly iron part of the rack
that attracted me in the first place.




Just another project to add to the list!

Have you ever settled for something
 that was not perfect ...
thinking it would either grow on you,
 or you would change it someday?

Linking to:
No Minimalist Here Open House Party
(Thank you Sherry for hosting!)
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really like your baker's rack. Just a suggestion, have you ever considered placing some type of small lamp on the bottom left-hand side to lighten it up? I'm a real lamp person, and think they warm areas up quite a bit. Hope you don't mind this suggestion, because I really like what you've done.

    Wanda
    Two Carolina Nesters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your baker's rack. Isn't it nice to have a display piece in your kitchen that you can change with the seasons or your whim. All the cream ware (white) gives it that light and airy spring look that you wanted.

    Hope you'll show us the whole room sometime.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, I looked back on previous blog and was able to see the dining room. It's so nice and you placed the baker's rack in the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley, I love the bakers rack and the display of white pitchers. I say if you are not happy with the finish to go ahead and paint it. There is no use living with something you don't like when it is so easy to change. I have been browsing your archives and your home is so lovely! Thanks for sharing this at my party and I am now following you.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty baker's rack. I think that's a great idea to paint the bottom of it! I love all of your white pieces. Thank you so much for the follow back. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bakers rack! I'm from Jersey too - what part are you from??
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the sweet comments! I always enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can you actually purchase the bakers rack?
    Dr.gary.e.moss@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at a small furniture store in Chester, NJ probably about 12 or so years ago. I have not been able to find the exact one anywhere! Ethan Allen used to make something similar so you can check there.

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig