February 21, 2011

Change in Game Plan?

Recently, I ordered 3 Pottery Barn 
crown molding ledge shelves
for my dining room.
Here they sit waiting...

See that blank wall?
I thought I would put them there so I could display more plates and fun things.

I feel like it needs something...


But then when I was shopping in Pottery Barn, I saw this vignette...
(Oh Pottery Barn - why does your merchandising have to be so good?!!)

Maybe it would be fun to do something like this?

I love the bar look.

But would it be too much in that room?  
I already have a china cabinet nearby and this table...


I can't decide.

I like the crown molding shelves but now I am second guessing.

Should the wall stay blank?
Should I do the bar setup?
Should I stick with my original plan and put up the 3?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!




3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many options. I'm not sure about the bar since you already have a table there. I can't wait to see what you do. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being their to see the actual proportions of everything, but based on the great photos you provided, this is what I'm thinking:

    I love the bar vignette that Pottery Barn had in their store. I would move the mirror over to the blank wall and hang two of the shelves above your existing table. I like your lamp better than the one in the PB display, so leave that and add a serving tray. I would only put wine bottles on the shelf that you plan to drink right away and add a small wine rack on the lower shelf, away from direct light, to hold those that you plan to drink a little later.

    Then maybe, this is a little hard to visualize, put the third shelf under the mirror to hold a few accents. I think this might tie the room together, but you'd have to be the judge.

    I love the color of your room, it is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Love the color of the room, everything seems to fit together. Cannot wait to see what is next. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!