January 16, 2011

Thank You!

Are you kidding me?!!!

Thank you to Kinga from Blueloom for awarding the Stylish Blogger Award to Calypso In The Country!  Please go check out Kinga's blog.  She has some wonderful ideas and beautiful photos! 

I must say that I am honored and will do my best to keep my posts interesting!  (The pressure is on!)


The rules of the award are:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Award 10 great bloggers.
4.  Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.

7 Things About Myself:

1.  I love Keith Urban!  For most of my life I hated country music and then about 6 or 7 years ago I discovered Keith Urban and my music tastes really turned a corner!  I have seen him in concert 2 times so far and I must say those were a couple of the best concerts I have ever seen!  Not only do I love his music but he has such a sensitive, charming personality that you just can't help but love the guy!  (Did you happen to catch him on Oprah?!!!)  Now I have become a fan of other country artists such as Kenny Chesney, Trace Adkins, Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band...

Here we are, hanging out together...
Yes, I wish this cardboard figure of him was the real deal!

How cute is he?!!!

2.  I hate mayonnaise!  I even gag when I am making my son a sandwich with mayo.  (No picture here...I might throw up!)

3.  When I was young, I wanted to be an architect.  I used to draw house floor plans in pages and pages of notebooks.  Then somewhere along in life I realized that a lot of math was involved in that profession and I got scared away....Ironically, I ended up getting a business degree and a job in finance! 

4.  I am terrified of food poisoning.  I always overcook chicken (on purpose) and if I happen to open a can of something, I lean down to hear the little pop so I know it was sealed properly.  If I don't hear it, I will throw it out.  My sister knew someone growing up who got botulism from canned spinach and since then I have had this fear. 

5.  I love The Bachelor and Bachelorette shows.  Yes, I am quite embarrassed to admit this rediculous fact but I have never missed an episode.  I don't know what it is about them but I just find them so entertaining!  Oh and by the way, Brad (the current Bachelor) will be going to Anguilla in the upcoming episodes!  Watch it and see why I just LOVE that island!


6.  I am a great judge of character.  For some reason I can read people really well and I am rarely wrong with my first impressions.  (Well unless you count some of the idiots I dated when I was younger!)


7.  We don't have any pets...oh except a hermet crab!  I grew up with cats and a dog and would love another pet.  My kids really want a dog so we are looking into Wheaten Terriers and Polish Lowland Sheepdogs.  I like that whole shaggy dog look and those two are not known to shed much.  I will let you know if and when we finally get one. 
(Photo courtesy of http://www.terrificpets.com/)

8.  I am actually pretty funny but I can't tell a joke to save my life!  I end up saying, "Oh wait..I mean...first this happened"...etc...I end up laughing at myself and totally messing it up!  I am funnier when I just make comments or observations...you know like Seinfeld!  Ha Ha - I wish!  I am a HUGE fan of his!

Ok, so I just realized I was supposed to list 7 and I listed 8, oh well.  I guess I was on a roll...

And now I would like to award 10 great bloggers (in no particular order)

1.  Decorating the Ville
2.  Coastalpines
3.  New England Style
4.  Oceania Island Living
5.  Shorely Chic
6.  The Inside Story
7.  The Yellow Cape Cod
8.  Seaside Style
9.  High Street Cottage
10. Cozy Cottage Cute

I have chosen these blogs to give you a mixture of Jersey girls, Coastal/Beach blogs and Country Cottage - which I guess is the combination that I am shooting for in my blog.  Please check them out - Enjoy!

And thank you once again to Blueloom!  You are awesome!

9 comments:

  1. Shelley

    You are very welcome. Great picture with Keith!
    We just met Michelle from the New England Style today but will check the other bloggers you have selected. Congrats!

    Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, Wow, thank you so much!!! I'm honored, and so touched! It's been a very long day, but this just topped it off!!! Thank you so much, hugs, tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, I'll be posting on Wednesday oh my 7 things about myself, I'll try not to sound too boring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley, I'm honoured! Thank you so much for awarding my little island paradise blog! I will certainly mention this honour in my next post and a little more about me. Happy Island Styling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome! I am sure there is no rush posting the 7 Things - I look forward to reading all the lists! Congrats everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Shelley - thank you so much! What an honor! It's exciting that someone other than my MIL and BFF are even reading my blog, much more to be on your list. I will have to think on some interesting things about myself. I am going to check out the other ladies too! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you Shelley for the award, I'm very flattered. So glad you read my blog. I'm off to look at the other blogs too. Once again thank-you very much. Leahxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! You are very stylish and it was so fun to read this. Number six had me cracking up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for adding me to the list of great bloggers! I'm kinda new to all of this and it's nice to be recognized ~

    Your list is great ~ I am a huge fan of Seinfeld as well...I guess its because of my Jersey Sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!