Country Living...Island Dreaming

January 27, 2011

No Chips Please!

Several of my dishes are getting chips in them and I was wondering what everyone else does with their chipped up dishes...

I haven't thrown any of mine out yet.  I usually just use them when everything else is in the dishwasher and try to ignore the chips.  I try not to be wasteful.

Of course, I am careful not to bring those dishes out for guests!

Since I am in the presence of thousands of diy-ers out there, (not that thousands are reading my blog!), I am sure some of you have all kinds of crafy ideas.

Or I could donate them...

Or do I just throw them out?

I would love to know what everyone else does with chipped dishes.  What do you do?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I don't think I have any chipped dishes. If they were chipped up on the top where food doesn't touch the chip, I would probably continue using them. If they chip in an area where food would touch that area, I would throw them out. There is suppose to be coating on plates to keep food safe from trace elements of lead and such that can be in dishes. If it chips or cracks, the food is no longer protected.
    My Fiesta dishes hold up amazing. My drinking glasses are another story, I break them all the time by accident and am forever buying new drinking glasses. I'm really clumsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolie,

    I emailed you but I am also commenting.

    Thanks for the advice! I will definitely make sure I don't let any chips touch the food, in fact I will probably throw out the dishes because I worry about lead, etc!

    Regarding your glass comment, Williams Sonoma makes 2 different kind of drinking glasses that are very durable and hard to break (although when one actually does break it shatters - it happened to me once.) Anyway, check out the website at www.williams-sonoma.com and click on glassware. I have the Picardi Glass Tumblers and they also make a Siena Glass Tumbler. I highly recommend them!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Shelleg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,

    I knew I would find someone who could be creative with these!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig