Country Living...Island Dreaming

January 6, 2011

First Project of the New Year

For Christmas this year, I am sure many people received jewelry, perfume, electronics, clothing...My husband gave me a piece of tile in a box and let me tell you I was THRILLED!

For the longest time, I have been begging my him to replace the tile floors in my laundry room and guest bathroom.  Well, he finally caved!  Actually, I think he just ran out of ideas for my Christmas presents this year.  Whatever the reason, I am getting new floors!  Yay!

Both rooms have gone through some minor renovations - See HERE  for the bathroom changes so far - but here is what it looks like now...

There is the tile I would like to replace.
Once I get things underway, I will break it to my husband that I also want to replace the toilet and possibly the vanity too...Actually I might just paint the vanity myself if I can get enough tips from all of your blogs!

I haven't posted any changes in my laundry room but here are some before and afters from when I replaced the white wire shelves with new cabinets.

Before

Before
How embarrassing that it ever looked like that...slobs.

After

After

I would also like to replace this utility tub sink (where we throw our laundry and extra shoes) with a cabinet and deep stainless steel sink. I will break that to my husband later too!

Here is the tile in here - dirty grout...dirty rug too!

Ahh, the trouble one box with a tile can cause...poor guy!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful present. I can't wait to see all the wonderful projects. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Great laundry room. Reminds me I should post about my new one!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley

    Love your laundry room, so much storage! Nice and clean. You are so organized.
    Good luck with installing new tiles.

    We also buy presents for the house instead of perfumes or jewelry. This year we got a new bedroom set. :)
    Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome present! :-) I like the changes you've made so far, and it will be fun to see the new floors installed. I like that you're slowly introducing the new projects to him as you go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you read Centsational Girl? She just wrote a huge post about bathrooms with a linky party. That might be some great inspiration.http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/01/bathroom-q-a-giveaway/

    I would LOVE a tile as a gift!
    abby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig